With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
In this role, you will:
- To lead Welding fabrication and repairs to all plant & equipment. In addition, day to day safety, co-ordinating personnel and consumables
- To Ensure accurate breakdown hours information is provided.
- Prepare parts equipment and manpower for planned work and shutdown days, Ensure all repairs are carried out in an effective cost and timely manner.
- Investigation and reporting of all accident damage to all equipment in the field and associated area, this is included with the operator abuse.
- Make a safe working environment for all employees by ensuring all activities are carry out according to the work procedures in the TGS/PGS, JAs are relevant and all hazards are controlled.
- Ensure that there is no impact for the environment from the activities that are carried out to operate and repair equipment by ensuring that the procedures in the TGS/PGS are followed.
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are carried out in a safe and make sure subordinate understand of our objectives and Thiess policies, and address all safety information to crew.
- Ensure all the disciplinary actions are issued as required in accordance with the Mine Regulations.
- Minimum have Graduate in Senior High school/Senior technical high school
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in welding & fabrication at Mining Companies
- Repair and maintain medium and heavy duty equipment related to welding job
- Have a good understanding of Fabrication skill
- Have a certain capacity of communication with supervision and mechanic
- POP & Welding Certification
- Incident Investigation
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here. No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.