Lead a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
We are currently looking for an experienced Tyre Supervisor, reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, at our QCoal Northern Hub Project in Collinsville.
In this role, you will but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all daily and weekly tyre and rim maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner by prioritising resources, machinery and people
- Ensure compliance to Thiess, TSE and procedures for tyre and rim management
- Manage and mentor a group of trades people under your supervision
- Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of all maintenance activities and rim component management
- Identify resource and skill gaps for team members and develop strategies to close these gaps
- Monitor and implement improvements to tyre life
- Monitor and provide operations with feedback on pit conditions
Roster & Conditions
- Monday to Friday roster with monthly RDO
- Day Shift only
- Permanent position
- Full camp facilities are available
- Cert II Tyre fitting qualification
- Significant experience working as a heavy-duty tyre fitter is essential
- Supervisory experience on an operational mine site
- Working knowledge of planning and scheduling, plant availability and preventative maintenance processes
- Demonstrated experience with large fleets and teams looking after a variety of CAT and Hitachi Heavy Mining Mobile Equipment
What Thiess can do for you
- Thiess’ commitment to ongoing training & development
- Monthly rostered day off
- Living out of camp allowance
- Health & wellbeing rewards program through AIA Vitality
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary sacrifice options – Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Driving a diverse, inclusive and respectful culture
We’re committed to safe, healthy and respectful workplaces. A place where everyone matters always.
We welcome and celebrate the differences and similarities among people including gender, identity, ethnicity, race, heritage, sexual orientation, disability, age, culture, religion, language, appearance, parental status and education.
We believe diverse experiences and perspectives not only make us more innovative, productive and engaged, but are crucial to our success.
If you require assistance to apply for this job because of disability or special needs, please contact us here. No other requests will be acknowledged.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.