Grow your career with Thiess
As a global business, we are proud to offer diverse and rewarding career opportunities. We are committed to Thiess being a company which supports great people to succeed, develop their careers, and feel supported to reach their highest potential. We offer a safe and inclusive work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Mining Engineer – Design to work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results at Pembroke Resource’s new autonomous project in the Bowen Basin - the Olive Downs Complex.
Pembroke Resource’s Olive Downs Complex is a greenfield project located 40 kilometres South-east of Moranbah and is due to commence mining operations in early 2023. Thiess has recently been awarded a five-year contract to deliver full-service mining operations, including mine planning overburden removal, drill and blast, load and haul, water management and rehabilitation as well as construction of the mine infrastructure.
About The Role
Working a nine-day fortnight roster (5/2,4/3) and reporting to the Technical Services Manager, your duties will include:
- Overseeing the execution of all aspects of the mine planning function
- Providing guidance and input into the drill and blast and pit design processes
- Assessing the technical risk in mine plans and developing mitigation strategies
- Liaising with production staff to ensure plans are being executed as per design
- Completing the end-of-month reconciliations and reporting process
- Assessing opportunities to maximize equipment utilization and productivity.
- Preparing inputs for the control budget process
- Completing rehabilitation and water management designs
- Providing coaching, guidance and technical support to other site engineers.
- Driving continuous improvement in the Mine Planning team
- Building and maintaining a strong relationship with the Client and internal stakeholders
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a new workforce that is focused on developing a strong performance culture and a culture that values everyone’s contribution equally. You will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
As a successful applicant, you’ll be a high-achieving team-focused individual who enjoys delivering results in a dynamic environment. Your exceptional relationship-building skills coupled with your ability to engage and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders will also ensure your success in this role.
- Degree in mine engineering or a related discipline
- Proven experience in a mining environment, preferably in open-pit coal mining
- Advanced knowledge of:
- Mining principles
- Mine design concepts and operations
- Mine planning software and hardware
- Heavy equipment operations in a mining environment
- Experience in using Infomine/OCDC Production reporting systems
- Demonstrated ability in mine planning, pit design and drill and blast
- Proficiency in Vulcan, XPAC and XACT
What Thiess Can Do for You
- Help to grow your career, offering diverse and varied opportunities for advancement
- World-class health & wellbeing programs
- Salary sacrifice options
- A range of corporate discounts, including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
- Genuine Choice Rosters - (Live Local, DIDO & FIFO)
- Referral bonus program
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open-cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
The Strong & Sustainable Resource Communities Act 2017 principles apply to this position.