Make your mark with Thiess
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About the role
This is seeking Heavy Diesel Fitters for the exciting new Muswellbrook Coal Mine Rehabilitation Project. You will be part of small crews and will work a Lifestyle roster, Day Work Only 10.5 Hour Shifts.
In this role, you will:
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of large scale mobile mining equipment including CAT Trucks and Dozers, Graders and other ancillary equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Services and Component changeouts to a high standard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspection to maximise equipment utilisation
- Trade Qualified Plant Mechanic Certificate III Automotive Mechanical Technology (Heavy Vehicle Mobile Equipment) or similar
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- Experience in general maintenance, breakdowns, component changeouts and servicing of Heavy Earthmoving equipment
- Demonstrated experience with Liebherr and CAT large earthmoving equipment
What Thiess can do for you
- Permanent full-time positions
- Thiess’ commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options – Novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- 2 Year Contract
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Attractive BONUS paid at the completion of contract
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us at email@example.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.