Make your mark with Thiess
Everyday, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
About the role
Thiess is offering permanent fulltime opportunities for experienced Excavator, Multi-skilled & Truck Operators to join our team at Lake Vermont, located 19kms north of Dysart. You will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
- A proactive attitude with the desire to work reliably as part of a world-class team to deliver excellence for our clients
- Will have mining experience with Excavators, Dozers, Graders, Loaders and Trucks
- A genuine interest in building a career with Thiess
- Prior experience operating production mining equipment on a mine site
- Verified machinery skills list (training transcripts), signed by SSE
- Current Standard 11
- Current drivers licence
- Relevant coal mining certifications
- A commitment to a positive safety culture
- Alignment to our principles: Integrity, Accountability, Innovation & Delivery
What Thiess can do for you
- Opportunity to earn $121,966.87 - $147,280.22 exc. super (skill dependant)
- Permanent shirt from commencement – no labour hire
- Thiess provided flights from Brisbane
- Up to $10,000 per year in retention attendance bonuses (conditions apply)
- Up to $4,000 per 6 months in Individual Target/Production Coal KPIs (conditions apply)
- Even time, lifestyle 7/7 Day/Night Rotating Roster – 12.5hr shifts
- BIBO provided from Mackay, Yeppoon, Rockhampton, Townsville & Bundaberg
- Camp accommodation inclusive of meals provided
- Thiess’ commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options – Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products
Thiess works with clients in Australia, Asia and the Americas in the dynamic field of open-cut and underground mining.
The pioneering spirit of our founders – the legendary Thiess brothers – is our legacy, and inspires our vision to harness the power of people and technology to drive sustainable change.
At Thiess, you will have the opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. We are growing our commodities portfolio to include metals and minerals critical to the energy transition, and developing services to enable sustainable mining.
We’re creating a culture of curiosity, knowledge-sharing, and continuous learning – supporting our people to contribute to Thiess’ success and continued growth in sustainable mining.
We’ll support you to hone your skills and develop new ones, take on challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration and empowerment. We offer our people ongoing technical training and development opportunities so they can reach their full potential. We also invest in the workforce of the future, with a range of programs for people starting their careers.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to enable our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Learn more http://thiess.com/makeyourmark
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us at email@example.com
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.