MAKE YOUR MARK WITH THIESS
Every day, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration, and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our next Mine Surveyor at Caval Ridge Mine, you will provide full scope survey works. The role is on an 8 days on 6 days off roster with both flights and camp accommodation included.
SOME OF YOUR DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide survey support and assist Technical Services Group in the planning process
- Ensure survey data is recorded and stored as per project management plans\Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of surveying and mine development activities on site
- Conduct daily and weekly mine compliance reporting
- Complete on-site RPAS drone surveys/scans/photos/incident reporting
- Conduct EOM pickups and volume calculations
- Provide EOM reconciliation
- Develop positive relationships with Technical Services teams and specifically the client survey teams
- Experience in a Mine Surveying environment
- Experience working at a large scale open cut mining operation
- Tertiary qualification in surveying or equivalent
- Understanding of mining principles, design concepts and operations (particularly their relation to survey activities)
- Proficient in relevant survey software including Maptek Vulcan & Point Studio
- Proficient in photogrammetry software and techniques
- RPAS certified
- An ability to link the technical outcomes to financial results
- Knowledge of mine operation regulatory and legislative requirements
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
HOW TO APPLY
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.