Make Your Mark with Thiess
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Make your Mark with Thiess - we will achieve these goals by being a safe, productive and people focused operation that exceeds our business and clients' expectations. We are seeking skilled personnel with similar mindsets to join our Team at Mt Arthur South.
About the role
Due to an increase in production fleet, Thiess Mount Arthur South have exciting new opportunities for Heavy Diesel Fitter’s in various capacities.
All positions will be working a lifestyle roster 5/4 4/5 5/5 12.5-hour days, nights, and weekend work.
Salary Hourly Rate Range $70.45 to $73.55.
With the expectations of:
- Working collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results, whilst also ensuring all safety measures are implemented.
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OME and computer-based systems.
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of large-scale mobile mining equipment including CAT Trucks and Dozers, Graders and other ancillary equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication, and maintenance systems documentation.
- Brand new rebuild workshop facility with an overhead crane.
- Conducting major rebuilds of the mobile fleet, this includes Cat 793's, Cat 789's, Cat D11's, Cat D10's and Cat 24M's.
Field Crew – Breakdowns
- Perform the servicing, rear and maintenance of large-scale mobile mining equipment including Liebherr 9800, 996 and 9350 Excavators, semi-autonomous CAT Drill fleet.
- As well as Terex Drill, CAT Trucks and Dozers and other ancillary equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication, and maintenance systems documentation.
Heavy Crew – Excavator & Drill
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of large-scale mobile mining equipment including Liebherr 9800, 996 and 9350 Excavators, CAT 6250 and 6310 Autonomous Drills as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication, and maintenance systems documentation.
- Completing planned maintenance shutdown work including but not limited to major component change outs, diagnosis and troubleshooting and reliability strategies.
- Trade Qualified Plant Mechanic Certificate III - Automotive Mechanical Technology (Heavy Vehicle Mobile Equipment) or similar.
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- Experience in general maintenance, breakdowns, component changeouts and servicing of Heavy Earthmoving equipment
- Demonstrated experience with Liebherr and CAT large earthmoving equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams
- You will also need to always possess a high regard and practice of health and safety
What Thiess can do for you
- Permanent full-time positions
- Even time, lifestyle rosters
- Tool Allowance of $1500 p.a.
- Thiess’ commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options – Novated Leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us @ email@example.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.