Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining life cycle to create lasting value.
The combination of optimised planning processes, latest generation equipment and systems, leveraged global supply contracts and rigorous expenditure management lead to efficient and sustainable low cost solutions across our projects.
Our site-based operations are supported by a central Operations team which offers a range of services.
This position is based at the Thiess Perth Head Office however regular travel to mine sites throughout WA, Africa and Mongolia will be required.
About the role
As our next Training Superintendent, reporting to the Training Manager, you will support the business with development and delivery of training as well as statutory and organisational governance.
Critical to success is your ability to standardise and improve performance through training personnel. You will also need the ability to develop authentic relationships with key stakeholders, have an eye for detail and the ability to understand and articulate organisational governance and regional statutory requirements.
- Participate in the review of Thiess Certified resources as an active member of the moderation team
- Be prepared to deliver hands-on training, coaching and support site training and leadership teams
- Embed and champion Mining Principles and operational improvement initiatives
- Holistic oversight of training management systems, including: Support project mobilisations with establishment of new project training systems and resources
- Review and streamline existing project training systems, processes and compliance, ensuring it meets both operational and Thiess governance and statutory requirements
- Provide guidance, leadership and mentoring to site-based safety and training teams with the intent of improving training performance and compliance
- Identify and pursue initiatives and programs to improve training performance at existing and future projects
- Participate in audits and reviews
- Hold a minimum Certificate IV training qualification
- Hold minimum intermediate level computer literacy skills and have experience developing training tools and resources
- Be adept at mentoring and coaching to personnel both in groups and one-on-one
- Be able to deliver training programs aimed at increasing the skill level of safety and training teams as well as the knowledge of site leadership teams within the scope of the role
- Have experience managing training compliance or be willing and able to learn
- Be focused on delivering quality results through an approach of consultation, collaboration and engagement and ‘one team’
- Be adept at working in multi-jurisdictional organisations
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.