Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
As our next Heavy Diesel Fitter to proudly represent our Maintenance Team, you will live for challenges and thrive on the variety of work available. Like all of us at Thiess, you’re a passionate and energetic person, that appreciates responsibility, recognition and reward.
In this unique position, you’ll have the chance to take on a range of maintenance activities at the Mt Holland Mine. If successful, you will be given the chance to showcase your skills in a company that values them, and actively looks to develop its people to be even more successful in their careers.
Located in the Wheatbelt on a 14/7 FIFO roster, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of mobile fleet and other equipment in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing general maintenance, breakdowns, services and component change outs to a high standard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer bases systems
- Setting and maintaining high housekeeping standards
- Carrying out pre-start checks
To be considered for these opportunities you are required to have:
- Trade qualification as Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years post trade experience in the mining or Heavy Earth Moving induction
- Experience in general maintenance, breakdowns, component change outs and servicing of CAT, Komatsu and Hitachi mobile equipment
- Experience in vehicle air conditioning systems (desirable )
- HR drivers licence (desirable)
- Proven compliance and commitment to health and safety at all times
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.