- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - VIC Regional
- Planning / Scheduling / Project Controls, Production / Operations, General Construction
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Standard Time
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Despatch Officer with a proven track record in logistics, manufacturing or project management to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla. The Despatch Officer will be accountable for co-ordinating loadout and despatch of finished goods to effective utilisation of time and resources, whilst maintaining a high level of customer service. This role is the main point of contact between the customer (zones) and yard loadout team, for deliveries to the West Gate Tunnel Project.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe system of work in the workplace. Comply with all relevant safety, health and environment legislation.
- Inspection of outgoing loads to ensure compliance with minimum load restraint requirements
- All incoming delivery drivers and haulage contractors comply with site safety requirements, including PPE
- Ensure DAMSTRA / sign-in requirements are met
- Raise necessary paperwork for picking slips / loading dockets for loading requirements
- Direct trucks to appropriate loading zones
- Liaise with customers / WGTP zones on delivery requirements and availability of finished goods
- Understanding of finished goods inventory and availability
- Raise necessary despatch paperwork / delivery dockets, including pre-printing of paperwork for out-of-hours deliveries
- Liaise with Logistics Manager and truck companies to ensure most cost effective options and logistics requirements are met
- Direct delivery vehicles of incoming raw materials and stores to appropriate unloading point
- Advise appropriate site personnel of incoming deliveries
- Liaise with Yard Team to ensure loadout sequence and priorities
- Co-ordinate truck arrival times and yard activities to manage bottlenecks and ensure smooth sequencing of loadout activities
- End-of-day processes for finished goods inventory control
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing paperwork is complete and compliant with project requirements
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the following key personnel: Yard Supervisors, Production Managers and Supervisors, Safety and Quality Teams, Administration Team, Storeman, Site Security Team
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the following key personnel: Logistics Manager, Customer (WGTP Zones)
- Duties may be varied from time to time consistent with the employee’s training and skills and such varied duties are to be
What you'll need to succeed
- 5+ years experience in logistics, manufacturing or project management
- Good personal organisation skills, including work flow management, time management and using a planned approach to deliver outcomes
- Professional competence in thinking and working in an innovative and creative way, and the capability to deliver innovative profitable solutions to the business
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Standard Time