CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction project build for you?
In New Zealand the construction industry is currently experiencing an unprecedented level of growth, with CPB well positioned in terms of current work in hand, and pipeline of future projects. We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed. We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Site Administrator / Receptionist to join our project team on the Bay Link project in Tauranga for a 12 month fixed term to cover maternity leave.
Supporting our motivated project team, and being the face of the company to the client (New Zealand Transport Agency), contractors, and the public, you will be a great communicator, and will assist with a diverse range of tasks whilst introducing a range of people to our business.
Key aspects of the role include but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests to our Bay Link project office in Mount Maunganui.
- Assisting with document control and reporting, specifically client and engineer notices, client contract instructions, monthly and weekly client reports, and maintaining the correspondence register.
- Input into our accounting systems, specifically new supplier set up, raising orders on suppliers, entering invoices and expense claims, and tracking workflow to ensure suppliers are paid on time.
- Working with office product and consumable suppliers to ensure the project office runs smoothly, and stocks are maintained at sensible levels. Attending to office administration including maintenance, cleaning, desk allocation, etc.
- Assisting with a range of accommodation, transport and flight bookings.
- IT assistance specifically starters and departures, mobile phones, printers, Wi-Fi, IT training, equipment register, and security.
- Organising meeting rooms and conference call bookings
- Assisting with general administrative tasks, e.g. assisting with the on-boarding of new staff, answering calls, coordinating people coming to site.
- Working with CPB software packages and Microsoft office
To be considered for this opportunity candidates will possess the following:
- Experience within administration, ideally in a fast paced collaborative environment.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to problem solve and think on your feet.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, and ideally some experience with financial systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional phone manner and customer service skills.
- Ability to work as part of a motivated “can do” team.
- Knowledge of the building and construction industry (highly regarded but not necessary)
As the successful candidate you will need to be a self-starter who is highly motivated, well organized and committed to the highest possible work standards. You will also have the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and subcontractors.
All potential CPB Contractors employees must have the right to work in New Zealand, and will be required to complete a range of pre-employment checks including reference and qualification checks.
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognizes effort and contribution.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please apply below.