Senior Contracts Administrator
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- Commercial / Project Finance / Bid Work
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
About the Project
The North East Link will connect the Metropolitan Ring Rd (M80) and the Eastern Freeway (M3) completing a ring road around Melbourne which includes the Monash Freeway (M1). The $250m Early Works Package will comprise of critical enabling works to enable efficient and value-for-money delivery of the primary and secondary packages, while minimising critical interfaces and de-risking the subsequent Main Works. The project commenced delivery in September 2019 and is expected to be completed end of 2021.
We are currently seeking applications for a Senior Contracts Administrator. You will support the procurement and construction process through the effective administration of contracts and commercial terms established for the project. You will ensure vendors, suppliers and sub-contractors provide their services in a timely and cost-effective manner, and to the quality expectations of the project.
As Senior Contracts Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting initial investigations with subcontractors to clarify the organisation’s conditions relating to contracts for prospective projects
- Managing and driving the review process to ensure the award of all subcontractors within the required time frame and budget
- Maintaining a register of subcontractors
- Operating and maintaining commercial and contract systems including Project Costs Reporting (PCR), Asset Registers, Commercial Pack database and Contract Sum.
- Assessing all subcontractor variation claims and minimising claims where possible
- Ensuring cost forecasting for allocated subcontracts and cost codes are accurately maintained and keeping project management teams abreast of any cost’s issues immediately upon identification
- Interpreting specifications and drawings to understand scope of works for the project at Head Contract and Sub Contract scope level
- Participating in identification and quantification of Head Contract variations
- Managing subcontractors to ensure that Code compliance is maintained at all times
- Assessing commercial and contractual risks involved in delivery and implementation of projects and identifying and implementing controls
- Checking compliance and preparing reporting on commercial performance of the contract
- Processing and recommending progress claims for work completed and refering disputed claims by subcontractors to the relevant manager for decision
- Undertaking general business administration
Our minimum requirements for the role are:
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Economics, Quantity Surveying, Law, Commerce or equivalent
- Post graduate qualifications e.g. graduate certificate, graduate diploma in Commerce, Accounting, Business, Construction, Property, Quantity Surveying, Law or other associated disciplines
- Relevant commercial administration experience in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or associated disciplines
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in relevant software packages such as Microsoft Suite (including Excel) and exposure to a contract management system (CRM)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a Contracts Administrator or Quantity Surveyor in the construction and engineering industry, and minimum 2 years as a Senior CA.
- Experience with a variety of project values and complexity
- Understanding of document control experience in accordance with records management procedures
- Interpret and apply relevant legislation/code on the project to prevent potential business exposure
- Experience in negotiating with sub-contractors
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.