CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
To support our Mission and Principles, we need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed. In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
What can our construction projects build for you?
CPB Contractors along with our industry partners has been selected as preferred proponent to deliver two major packages for the Cross River Rail Projects: the Tunnel, Stations and Development (TSD) package and the Rail, Integration and Systems (RIS) package. Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and the CBD.
The RIS package is crucial to the overall delivery and success of Cross River Rail, and its integration with the Queensland Rail network. RIS will be delivered by the UNITY Alliance which brings CPB Contractors, UGL, AECOM and Jacobs together with partners HASSEL, RCS Australia, Acmena, Martinus Rail and WIRED Overhead Solutions to deliver the full scope of works over the next five years. This includes:
- Rail civil and electrical works
- Brownfield rail surface works primarily to the north of the tunnel, including an upgrade of Exhibition Station and a major augmentation of Mayne Yard
- Upgrade of six suburban stations to the south
- Rail operational systems works
- Rail signalling works and communication, and integration and commission activities.
Unity Alliance are currently seeking applications for a Trainee Administrator to assist the Office Management team. You will complete a Certificate III Business Administration over a 12 month period.
Responsibilities will include:
- Timely and Responsive administration duties
- Assisting the Management team with reporting duties and day to day administration
- Reception duties including taking deliveries and answering calls/queries
- ICT coordination and management
- Assisting the Office Coordinator as required
Minimum requirements for this role include the following:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Focus and commitment to a zero harm environment
- P1 Drivers Licence or above
- School leavers encouraged to apply
(Please note – if you have completed a Certificate lll or higher since leaving school you will not be eligible for this traineeship)
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.