Senior Document Controller
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Hobart
- Safety / Health / Environment / Quality, Administration / Support / Secretarial
- Applications close
- Tasmania Standard Time
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
What can our construction projects build for you?
The purpose of the TasWater Capital Delivery Office (CDO) is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works.
The TasWater CDO will deliver:
- Opportunities for people to grow and develop
- Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
- Improved safety outcomes
- Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post-TasWater CDO
- The necessary framework for emergent projects
The Senior Document Controller will:
- establish, implement and maintain a project document and records management system based on AS/NZS ISO15489:2002 Records Management, ISO9001:2008 Quality Management Systems, CDO management system and legislative requirements; with the aim to enhance TasWater’s records management processes.
- Collaboratively implement good recordkeeping practices to create full and accurate records of all business activities performed on behalf of the TasWater and the CDO.
- Ensure the document management team manage the designation, indexation, status, currency and storage of all project documentation required documents to be controlled in such a manner as to ensure records can be easily idenitified, recovered and audited; and that the project or business unit team is conversant with and actively using the most current version of each document. Managing the personnel within the Document Control team in accordance with CDO people and capabilities procedures.
The Senior Document Controller will will be accountable for:
- Develop, implement and maintain the CDO Document Control Management System
- Deliver document management systems training, mentoring and support across multiple sites
- Confer with the TasWater Representatives, Alliance personnel and subcontractors to ensure the relevant document and records for all information needs and support the efficient retrieval by users.
- Control the identification, registration, distribution, and retention of all client, design and vendor documentation.
- Set up and maintain mobility platform for accessing drawings in the field.
- Set up and oversee the maintaining of the hard copy Document Control filing system.
- Complete close out of Projects and ultimately the Program and ensure the traceability and accurate archiving of all controlled/uncontrolled documentation, according to Company Standards.
- Conduct System Audits as per Audit Schedule
- Archive project documents and records in accordance with UGL management systems, TasWater and legislative requirements
Our minimum requirements for this role is:
- Minimum 5 years engineering / construction experience in a document management role
- Multidiscipline project background
- Experience in establishing ACONEX document management system
- Experience in establishing and/or maintaining Mobility Apps for field inspections, drawings and photographs
- Relevant tertiary qualification in librarianship or information management is desirable
- Certificate IV Training is desirable
- Lead Quality Auditor and Internal Auditor are desirable
- Experience in establishing, implementing and maintaining a document management system
- Experience in developing and maintaining a document and records management system across multiple sites
- Sound communication and interpersonal communication skill
This role is based in Hobart, Tasmania. For those outside of Tasmania, relocation is required. An attractive relocation package will be made available to the successful applicants.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
How to apply
- Applications close
- Tasmania Standard Time