EOI- Legal Professionals: Employment & Safety focus
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time, Permanent - Part Time, Contract, Temporary - Full Time, Temporary - Part Time
Aurizon is seeking Expressions of Interests for a suitably qualified Legal professional to join our Legal team
There has never been a better time to join Aurizon - our ongoing new business, interstate acquisitions means we are now Nationwide and growing.
As a Legal professional with a focus on employment and safety work, you will work closely with other lawyers and paralegals to deliver commercially driven legal advice, predominately related to employment matters but also across a wider range of practice areas, including procurement, decarbonisation, corporate and many more. The successful candidate will be motivated by and interested in the variety and pace of in-house practice and will have the necessary experience to identify and address potential legal and regulatory issues facing Aurizon.
About the role:
As an employment and safety focused lawyer, you will:
- Provide high quality, and commercially focused legal advice to Aurizon’s people teams on day-to-day matters including complex performance and conduct matters, workplace investigations, employee grievances/complaints, recruitment, and payroll compliance.
- Advise the employee relations team regarding enterprise bargaining for Aurizon’s various agreements as well as advising the team regarding disputes under these agreements.
- Review, update and advise on Aurizon’s suite of employment contracts, to ensure best practice considering changes in the law.
- Manage and advise the business in relation to various employment and safety litigation, including in the Federal/Federal Circuit Court, Fair Work Commission, Queensland Industrial Relations Commission, Queensland Human Rights Commission, and Magistrates Courts, including managing external counsel, where engaged.
- Draft, negotiate and advise on commercial agreements, including secondment agreements and labour hire agreements.
- Undertake employment due diligence in relation to potential acquisitions identified by our strategy team, as well as assisting people teams pre and post completion with transition arrangements.
- Provide advice to the safety team regarding applicable legislative frameworks, including the Work Health and Safety Act and Rail Safety National Law, and Aurizon’s safety management systems.
- Admitted to practice as a Legal Practitioner in the Supreme Court of Queensland and hold a current practicing certificate
- Ideally a minimum of 3-8 years PAE, advising across employment and safety related matters. Top tier law firm experience in Australia will be highly regarded”
- Relevant in-house experience will be beneficial, but not essential
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and willing to practice in wider range of practice areas in addition to employment and safety as required, including but not limited to procurement, IT, strategy, property, , competition law and litigation.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication, influencing, presentation, negotiating and relationship building skills
- Extensive knowledge of commercial legal matters gained and applied in diverse business and industry sectors
- High level skill in providing commercially driven legal advice and assistance to client groups in large corporate environment
Reach out for a confidential discussion today about your next career move.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and incentives
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Great location in Fortitude Valley with high end flexible working offices
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now