- Influence the success of our international recruitment efforts across regions and markets
- Full Time, 3 Year Fixed Term Appointment
- Bundoora Campus
About the position
The Senior Manager, International Recruitment will be instrumental in shaping and advancing our strategic goals in international student recruitment. Working in close collaboration with the Director, International Recruitment, you will contribute your expertise to lead the integration and complementary execution of recruitment and marketing tactics, on and offline, identify critical issues, assess complex information, and support sound decision-making.
Your role extends to continuous improvement, resource optimisation, and staff development, all aimed at achieving the Division and University's recruitment objectives. This position offers a unique opportunity to not only participate in the strategic planning of our division, but also to actively influence the success of our international recruitment efforts across regions and markets, which directly aligns to the University’s bold ambition to grow substantially by 2030 with a sizeable proportion of this growth to come from international markets. This position will also act as the Director as needed and will represent the Director at meetings, conferences and other events.
Duties at this level:
- Collaborate with the Director in developing and implementing strategic plans for the Division. Contribute insights and analysis to identify fundamental issues and opportunities, and actively participate in discussions related to the strategic direction of International Recruitment.
- Ensure a seamless integration of sales and marketing activity and lead recruitment planning with the Marketing Division of the University to ensure an integrated and consistent customer journey, on and offline.
- Lead a Melbounre-based team to execute recruitment, marketing, and conversion strategies that generate international student enrolments for the University against specific load targets and within budget.
- Collaborate with the Director to optimise resource allocation for recruitment activities.
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to improve the overall performance and delivery of the international recruitment function. Integrate the perspectives and expertise of stakeholders into recruitment strategies.
- Assist in developing the capabilities of recruitment staff within the work area. Monitor and manage staff performance.
Skills and knowledge:
- Ability to direct, lead and control the work of other managers. Extensive knowledge and skills and many years of relevant experience in Australian International Student Recruitment, or a breadth of professional experience in University Sector; would commonly have achieved second or further degree level qualifications.
- Highly developed communication skills with an ability to lead and motivate others, to resolve conflicts and to confer with peers in other higher education organisations, to determine best practice approaches in program/service delivery.
- A deep understanding of international student recruitment processes, trends, and best practices. Proven track record in designing and implementing effective recruitment strategies to attract and enrol international students.
- Strong sales acumen with a history of meeting or exceeding recruitment targets. Proficiency in setting, tracking, and achieving enrolment targets, and a demonstrated ability to drive results from a team of experts, in a competitive international education landscape.
- Up-to-date knowledge of global higher education markets, including emerging markets and industry trends
- Knowledge of marketing strategy, digital and social channels and their application in lead generation and conversion across the sales funnel.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills with the capacity to foster partnerships and collaborations with international educational institutions, agencies, and other stakeholders.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday 28th February, 2024 at 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Greg Slatcher, Director, International Recruitment, International Student Recruitment, Email: G.Slatcher@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Vicki Stavrou, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner, Email email@example.com, Phone 03 9479 5191
Position Description below:
PD-Senior Manager, International Recrutiment.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume and
- Response to the Key Selection Criteria located in the position description.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
La Trobe’s Cultural Qualities: