WorkCover Queensland is committed to making a positive difference to people’s lives. Our purpose is simple: we partner with and support our customers to keep Queenslanders working. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to understand our customers deeply to deliver valued experiences and tailored solutions. Our people are connected to purpose and we’re creating an environment that inspires them to make a difference.
About the role:
As a Claims Assessor in one of our driven and motivated teams, you will take accountability in managing your day to engage with injured workers, employers, legal representatives and allied health professionals in order to determine workers compensation claims. You will need strong decision-making skills, the ability to communicate effectively with people in vulnerable situations and enjoy thriving in a fast paced environment. Every day is different as you learn about different physical and psychological injury types and absorb injury management knowledge from your team mates.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary combined with an organisational culture that offers work-life balance. You will engage in challenging and interesting work and have access to a range of training, promotion and secondment opportunities to build on your skills and advance your career.
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who thrive on delivering outstanding outcomes, can build relationships and influence quickly, and are keen to start their career with an organisation who value their people and customers. We want to hear from you if you:
- A customer experience superstar
- Stay resilient under pressure in challenging situations
- An outstanding team player who proactively assists to solve problems
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications within health, psychology, business or law (desirable but not a necessity)
- Competitive salary and access to banked time
- Clear career progression within a large and successful organisation
- Regular promotion and secondment opportunities
- Study assistance and leadership development programs
- Remote and flexible working options – Available after probation
- An organisation that prioritises workplace culture and job satisfaction
- Great CBD location, close to all public transport and dining locations
- End of trip facilitates to cycle or jog into work
- Dedicated wellness program offering, yoga, monthly initiatives and an Employee Assistance Program
If you want to join a leading organisation that invests in its people whilst providing the opportunity to positively impact the lives of others every day, take the next step and apply today.
Applications close Sunday 20th June 2021.