ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Indigenous Participation & Recruitment Coordinator to join our growing team at Perth Airport, employed on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
About the role:
Reporting to the General Manager - Transport & Infrastructure, WA, in this key services support role and as part of the core Leadership Team in contract, you will be responsible for coordinating and delivering the First Nations work participation, engagement and cultural lead and guide for the ISS WA Transport and Infrastructure team, based at Perth Airport.
With a direct reporting line to the General Manager - Transport & Infrastructure, WA, you will also be well supported and able to leverage the wider People & Culture leaders within the division and WA and nationally.
You will drive the Indigenous participation in the aviation security and customer service contract at Perth Airport. Via direct employment and mentoring a soft landing process and also through relationships with employment providers you will be responsible for the sustainable training and work familiarisation required to engage first nations team members.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for onboarding and the ongoing mentorship and support providing a cultural link for team members and the wider management team and organisation.
As a passionate ISS ambassador, you will be a cultural advisor to the management team with a view to promote the Frist Nations culture throughout our wider team and enable the whole team to better support employment outcomes. You will be a promoter along with the rest of the contract leadership team of leading by example and aligning all work and outcomes to ISS values, mission and purpose.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Working with recruitment team to coordinate indigenous recruitment including sourcing and supporting through the extensive pre-employment requirements
- Work closely with the Training Manager to align training needs and to support training in the contract
- Engage and manage relationships with employment partners
- Constantly review the indigenous candidate experience and be the driver of meaningful changes increasing sustainable outcomes
- Drive cultural initiatives to assist the leadership team to build a unified, harmonious and equal workplace
- Be a key partner in all indigenous activity on site including a advisor in Indigenous supply and procurement activity.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory role, administrative role or HR &/or Training role.
- Degree or Diploma in HR, Training or Business Administration welcome however Diploma level training available in the role for the right candidate
- Experience in a high risk environment with a large front line work force welcome
- ASIC holder or ability to obtain
- A passionate advocate of First Nations workplace outcomes and an understanding of the barriers to sustainable work
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written and able to communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholder including client
- Demonstrated leadership skills – proven ability to influence others to a considered course of action
- As a member of the contracts leadership team you will display a polished, professional presentation and lead by example in all behaviours
- Ability to be flexible to business need as demands fluctuate in the customer service environment
- On-site parking
- Fun and supportive work environment
- Ongoing professional development with internal opportunities within our global organisation.
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
This is an identified Indigenous position. Applicants must demonstrate suitability for the role and in addition be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and have established links with their local community. Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and exemption is claimed under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. Read about our inclusive workplace and ISS Values as a leading employer in Australia and New Zealand.