Within a primary health care framework and in accordance with Agency policy and procedures the Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible, within the defined scope of practice, for high level clinical leadership in the development, provision and evaluation of the Community Rapid Response Service (ComRRS) within Community Health Nursing Service North West that ensures optimal patient/client/family and community outcomes.
The NP is responsible for evaluating and implementing changes to clinical practice, initiating research and quality improvement activities and will act as a leader, advisor and mentor for other nurses and clinicians to ensure high level clinical excellence in the field of chronic, complex care.
The Community Rapid Response Service (ComRRS) is a community based, hospital avoidance service that works collaboratively with GPs, to provide care to clients in the Community, that otherwise may have had to access hospital services to receive this care. It is a service which delivers timely, complex, client centred care, from highly skilled practitioners
This is a Nurse Practitioner (NP) lead service, working 7 days per week, covering 14 hours per day, providing care in the community across the North West Coast of Tasmania from Port Sorell to Wynyard and is based in Ulverstone at the Central Coast Community Health Centre.
The NP works collaboratively with GPs, to implement care and assessment in the community, working with the primary health principles of client directed care. They are expected to provide advanced and extended nursing skills to provide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, planning, co-ordination, implementation and evaluation of care in a service delivering rapid and intensive response for those in the community with acute illness, injury or exacerbation of pre-existing complex and, or chronic conditions.
We are looking for suitably qualified NPs to work within this dynamic and autonomous service, requiring individuals that have excellent communication skills, enjoy working in a cohesive and enthusiastic team, prepared to mentor less experienced nurses and oversee the provision of high-level care to our clients.
If you are this person, we want to hear from you. Assistance with relocation expenses is negotiable
Details of Appointment
Multiple Permanent Full Time Shift Worker positions working 76 hours per fortnight
Salary: $125,969 + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Please note: subsequent appointments may be made from this process and notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours to enable work/life balance
- Relocation allowance for successful interstate applicants can be negotiated
- Diverse career pathways including opportunities for secondment into higher duties and access to higher duties allowance
- Other employment conditions and allowances available under the Tasmanian Nurses Award and Agreement
Nursing careers in Tasmania - https://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/career/home/nurses2
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse and endorsed as a Nurse Practitioner
- Current Driver's licence
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
Download the Applicant Guide
How to apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information contact
Karen Pearce - Clinical Coordinator ComRRS NW
Phone: (03) 6477 7010
Tasmanian Health Service - Department of Health provides health care services in Tasmania through public hospital system, primary health and community health centres. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
About North West Tasmania
NW Tasmania is way too beautiful with stunning beaches, tons of national parks and World Heritage sites. Very affordable lifestyle with fantastic properties in idyllic locations at a fraction of the cost compared to Australia’s capital cities. You are close to everything and drive home from work is definitely over in a few minutes, so you have a better work life balance. Traffic jam is not a common term in Tasmania. Living in Tasmania offers you access to prime organic produce, true farmers' markets, a multitude of food festivals and so much more.
Please visit http://www.makeittasmania.com.au and www.discovertasmania.com.au
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.job.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.