Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 754136
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Personnel Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Research And Innovation
Office Of Research And Innovation 10059722
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Categories: Engineers/Architects, Information Technology, Research/Scientific, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Particularly, the successful candidate will collaborate with the stakeholders involved in the Healthcare and Food and Agriculture Supply chain. The Associate Researcher will work collaboratively with other team researchers and will supervise students as well.
This is a full-time, 12-month fixed-term position with reappointment contingent on satisfactory performance and available funding.
More information on Axia Institute and Axia Lab research can be found at https://axia.msu.edu/about/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Supply Chain Management, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
- Ph.D. in Supply Chain Management, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field.
- A strong record of peer-reviewed publications is preferred, including the first authorship
- Research experience in asset-tracking technologies including but not limited to barcoding, Internet of Things (IoT), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), or Near-Filed Communication (NFC)
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to develop manuscripts, and assist in the preparation of grant proposals and presentations
- Computer skills (Microsoft programs) and graphics
- Work order management skills (prioritizing tasks) to meet organizational deliverables
- Technical skills to interpret results and present findings
- Time management and multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines, ensuring deliverables are completed on time
- Ability to work in a team as well as an individual
Required Application Materials
Applicants will be required to submit CV, Cover Letter and 3 References
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
For more information about this position please contact Dr. Bahar Aliakbarian at email@example.com.
Review of Applications Begins On
Located in Midland, The Axia Institute®, formerly the Midland Research Institute for Value Chain Creation, is a premier research and education center dedicated to developing effective and sustainable solutions to improve public and private value chains. Established by Michigan State University in 2013, The Axia Institute® partners with industry to solve grand challenges and conduct cross-disciplinary research in areas of value chain optimization, data analytics, engineering, smart packaging, anti-counterfeiting, and water and food safety. The Institute was founded by leaders in value chain creation and development at MSU, including the Eli Broad College of Business, the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, College of Engineering, College of Social Science, and School of Packaging. Founding donors include The Dow Chemical Company, Dow Corning Corporation, Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow Foundation, Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation, The Dow Chemical Company Foundation and the Charles J. Strosacker Foundation.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now