Research Associate-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 774500
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Personnel Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Research And Innovation
Great Lakes Bioenergy Researc Ctr Vprgs 10059425
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Agriculture, Research/Scientific, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
The post-doctoral scientist will carry out research for the Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center (GLBRC), with the duty to identify the genetic basis of the bioenergy crop switchgrass' traits that are relevant for its productivity in marginal lands. The employee will use machine learning computational biology to carry out this research and works alongside other postdocs as well as undergraduate and graduate students and other scientists within the center.
The successful candidate will engage in a research program with a multi-disciplinary team in connecting genotypes with phenotypes, integrating multi-omics data, and applied Artificial Intelligence and machine learning-based approaches to improve switchgrass as a biofuel feedstock.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Plant Science related field; Bioinformatics
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, or plant science related fields
- Experiences with omics analysis pipeline with published works; managing computational biology projects with published works; strong programming background in any language.
- Experiences with artificial intelligence and machine learning; strong organization, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
Required Application Materials
- A two-page cover letter explaining how you are suitable for the position
- A current resume with information on education background, publication, teaching experience, awards and/or grants, outreach experiences,
- Name and contact information for at least three references.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Please provide all application materials to be considered for the position.
Our mission is simple: creating biofuels and bioproducts that are economically viable and environmentally sustainable.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now