Assistant Conference Coordinator
Back to search results
Job no: 850370
Work type: Support Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
Eli Broad College Of Business
Executive Development Programs 10008276
OTEE- Other EE
Pay Commensurate with Experience
Location: In State
Unit Position Summary
The MSU Management Education Center is a full-service business conference center located in southeast Michigan 20 miles north of Detroit. Sitting on over 25 acres, our expansive facility offers over 25,000 square feet of flexible indoor & outdoor event space.
We are seeking a professional, reliable & customer service minded individual. This position is an outstanding opportunity for a detail-oriented individual that enjoys people, has a high level of energy and enthusiasm, can work independently and with others, and is seeking an in-person customer service role. Appropriate business attire is required.
As an Assistant Conference Coordinator, you will be tasked with assisting in daily conference center operations at the MSU Management Education Center facility located in Troy, MI. This position is ideally suited for post high school aged students living in the southeast Michigan region who are seeking part-time income while working 10 to 20 hours per week with flexible shift options.
Typical Daily Tasks
- Interacting with MEC clientele and conference center staff.
- Reading and interpreting Banquet Event Orders.
- Physical setup of conference room tables & chairs for day & evening classes.
- Monitoring & adjusting facility heating, cooling & lighting systems.
- Setting up and testing of classroom instructional equipment including; computers, projectors, monitors, cameras, sound systems, microphones, and similar equipment.
- Greeting & assisting clients with setting up, testing and use of technology.
- Operating videoconference camera & sound equipment for Zoom & MS Teams sessions.
- Monitoring & adjusting of lecture capture recording systems.
- Organizing & maintaining technology equipment.
- Daily administrative tasks including light cleaning & maintenance as needed.
This position requires individuals to have excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for excellent customer service. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong verbal & written communication skills and be willing to learn classroom technology. Training & support will be provided. Candidates will be required to regularly perform physical work and be able to lift heavy items including tables, chairs, AV equipment, boxes, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Resume, Cover Letter, 3 Professional References.
Work hours will vary weekly depending upon MEC activities. Typical shifts will be 3pm to approximately 11pm multiple days per week (M-F) and may also include some Saturday or Sunday work (morning, afternoon or evenings).
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend