Ast Inst/Inst/Ast Prof - Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 882498
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Communication Arts Sciences
Media And Information 10010830
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Education/Training, Fixed Term Faculty, Full Time (90-100%), Union, Remote-Friendly
Ast Inst/Inst/Ast Prof - Fixed Term
The Department of Media and Information at Michigan State University seeks applications for outstanding candidates at Assistant Instructor/Instructor/Assistant Professor rank to teach courses in media and information, if the need arises. Ideal candidates will be dynamic and engaging in the classroom and have demonstrated success in human-centered approaches to design, and engages with emerging technologies, such as (but not limited to) social networks, games, interactive media, virtual reality, and augmented reality. We value interests in socially relevant topics and improving people’s lives. Our ideal candidate integrates both “arts” and “sciences” in their work while recognizing the importance of inclusivity.
The review of applications is ongoing and continuous. Please note that a position could be part-time or full-time and vary by semester, depending on the needs of the department. It is possible that no positions are needed in some semesters.
- Teaching a range of lower, upper, and master’s level media and information courses
- Preparing syllabi building on existing courses
- Preparing course materials and syllabi
- Delivering courses in-class and potentially online
- Managing and grading all assignments
- Following course policies and guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Media and Information or related field
- A Ph.D./Masters/Bachelors degree in relevant field
- The selected individual will be hired at the title that aligns with their degree and experience qualifications. Equivalency will be based on the below criteria:
- Bachelor's degree is required for Assistant Instructor
- Master's degree is required for Instructor
- Ph.D. is required for Assistant Professor
- Demonstrated skills in areas related to the course content
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Recognized or award-winning achievements in related areas of practice
- Teaching experience is strongly preferred
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- List of three professional references
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- cover letter,
- curriculum vitae and
- list of three professional references.
Review of Applications Begins On
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
The Department of Media and Information is home to an interdisciplinary faculty, internationally recognized for its cutting-edge research on the uses and implications of media and information technologies and services. The Department has a strong commitment to inclusivity and diversity in all areas. MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodation.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend