Director, BSN Prelicensure
Job no: 495733
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: BSN Nursing Program
Position Type: Faculty Administrator
The Director is responsible for the overall administration and management of the traditional and second-degree pre-licensure BSN programs. The essential functions of the role include: Student recruitment and retention efforts; collecting and analyzing outcomes assessment data; oversight of clinical placement procedures; supervision of Test for Success Program and NCLEX-RN preparation.
- Responsible for the overall administration and oversight of the prelicensure BSN Programs as part of the nursing administration team. Maintain an effective teaching record, primarily in the pre-licensure BSN program
- Collect, analyze and report program-level information and outcomes assessment data as required (or requested) by the university, CCNE, State Board of Nursing (SBON) and other regulatory bodies and administrators
- Serve as the leader of BSN Council to include: conducting monthly meetings (more frequent if necessary); coordinating reviews of student progression issues; developing, revising and implementing program-level policies. Attend department, administrator and other relevant meetings to report information and request input on behalf of BSN Council.
- Monitor and maintain program-related data for compliance with university and regulatory standards. Assist nursing administration with preparing and submitting data and compliance documents as required and requested.
- Maintain comprehensive database of student assessment data and effectively monitor all course failures, course withdrawals, progression issues, program dismissals and other information related to attrition and degree completion.
- Monitor clinical placements in collaboration with Clinical Coordinator. Ensure clinical placements comply with course objectives, SBON regulatory standards all clinical affiliation agreements.
- Lead curriculum review efforts on a regular basis to ensure consistency, comprehensiveness, relevancy and adherence to licensure requirements and accreditation standards.
- Supervise the Nursing Enrollment Coordinator and Advisor and assist with review of new and transfer applications for admission to pre-licensure programs as needed. Collaborate with Nursing Enrollment Coordinator and the Admissions Office to facilitate recruitment initiatives and participate in enrollment efforts.
- Supervise the Test for Success (TFS) Manager and provide oversight of TFS Program, including HESI Exam scheduling and administration; implementation of remediation procedures; and monitoring and meeting with at-risk students.
- Mentor faculty teaching in the pre-licensure programs; supervise staff members identified as direct reports. Review the performance of staff and student graduate assistants, and provide input to the Department Head regarding performance of faculty teaching in the BSN programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Earned doctorate in nursing, education or leadership required.
- In the case of a non-nursing doctorate, a master’s degree in nursing is required.
- A record of successful teaching in a BSN program for at least 3 years.
- Publication record sufficient to merit the rank of assistant professor in the academic department.
- Experience in a leadership position and/or demonstrated ability to engage and lead a team toward a common goal.
- Ability to collect, monitor, analyze and report data related to student and programmatic outcomes.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in speech and writing with the community of interest (faculty, staff, students, and others).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain accurate and confidential records.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to best support the needs of pre-licensure program with possible weekend/evening hours.
- Ability to interact positively and proactively building strong collaborative teams and alliances with students, faculty and staff; maintain professional attitude.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse license in Pennsylvania required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend