Director of Institutional Research
Job no: 497374
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Corporate Partnerships and Relationships
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Director of Institutional Research is responsible for data collection, data analysis, and research activities to provide information to support institutional planning and decision-making, and manages the compilation of data and submission of the regulatory state and federal reports as well as non-regulatory reports regarding RMU activities.
- Fulfills both ongoing and ad hoc information requests from RMU leadership in order to support management decision making at the University
- Has responsibility for the accurate and timely compiling and filing of institutional data reported by the University to state and federal government regulators, accreditation organizations, publishers, trade groups and other entities. The Director of Institutional Research is RMU’s IPEDS keyholder.
- Ensures that all state and federal reports are submitted in a timely fashion by establishing and maintaining a reports management system.
- Ensures that internal and external requests for support in completing surveys/questionnaires are completed in a timely manner by managing a database system of critical dates relative to the surveys/questionnaires.
- Assists data gathering conducted in various University units by assisting with survey choice, design and/or administration.
- Provides research support for RMU’s strategic plan.
- Provides research support to various institutional self-study and accreditation efforts, including regional, specialty and NCAA accreditations.
- Interprets the results of institutional-level outcome assessments such as the National Survey of Student Engagement and the Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory.
- Conducts internal and external environmental scanning and reports findings of interest regarding regulatory developments, competitor actions and other matters that have the potential to impact the University.
- Builds relationships with other Institutional Research professionals at local and peer colleges to expedite data exchange.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- A Master's degree is required.
- At least five years of experience in the Institutional Research department at a college or university is required.
- At least five years of administrative experience with the research process and an understanding of the dynamics, business environment, and issues of higher education are required.
- Experience using Banner, Argos, Slate, Tableau, SQL, and/or other comparable data solutions at a college or university is required.
- At least five years of use of computer-based information resources and analytical tools as well as print-based research resources.
- Knowledgeable of common higher education reporting standards, including IPEDS, Common Data Set, College Board, U.S. News and World Report, and university accreditation bodies.
- Must have a customer service orientation that includes the determination to quickly and accurately meet the information needs of the President, senior RMU managers and other information seekers.
- Must be able to safeguard sensitive and confidential student and University information.
- Analytical ability including finding and interpreting trends or patterns in data required. Familiarity with the tools and concepts of statistical analysis. The ability to write analytical reports, create visual dashboards and presentations, and present data in common-sense language to specific audiences and stakeholders is required.
- Must have the ability to self-manage time, priorities, and projects.
- Must have well-developed listening, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
Act 153 Clearance Required: No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): No
Required to Pass a Credit Check: No
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend