Compliance and Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) Coordinator
Job no: 497788
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department: Athletics Administration
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Compliance and NIL Coordinator assists the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance in administering and monitoring RMU’s day-to-day compliance program. Position will be the primary coordinator, project manager and liaison between multiple Athletics and University offices/departments to manage athletics and institutional processes and policies, ensuring that information and tasks are completed accurately, documented appropriately, and on time. Coordinates the Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) program for the department of athletics.
- Assists with the day to day tasks and processes related to Athletics Compliance, working with coaches, athletics administration and university partners to ensure the timely and accurate facilitation of routine compliance processes.
- Assists the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance with Department and University offices including Financial Aid, Registrar/Academic Services, Admissions and Residence Life for the purpose of ensuring compliance with NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations.
- Reviews and processes student-athlete name, image and likeness opportunities for NCAA compliance and facilitates education related to personal branding, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
- Facilitates the Eligibility Certification program for new and returning student-athletes in cooperation with the Office of the Registrar/Academic Services.
- Facilitates the arrival of new and transfer student-athletes including initial and transfer eligibility, admissions requirements, and housing assignments.
- Assists the Associate Athletic Director for Compliance with the processes related to student-athlete athletics aid in cooperation with the Office of Financial Aid, including coordination of the National Letter of Intent program.
- Assists with the processes related to recruiting, playing & practice seasons, and awards & benefits, and ensures compliance with NCAA and Conference rules.
- Responsible for the use of department athletics-related software including NCAA Compliance Assistant, ARMS and Teamworks.
- Assists Associate Athletics Director for Compliance with development of rules education for student-athletes, coaches, staff and other campus constituents, as necessary.
- Assists the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance for required athletics institutional reporting, such as Academic Progress Rate, Graduation Success Rate, and NCAA Sports Sponsorship & Demographics report.
- Participates in compliance-related programs and discussions, including monthly conference compliance calls, as well as educational webinars and programs (e.g., NCAA Regional Rules), as necessary.
- Collaborates with the Associate Athletics Director for Student-Athlete Development with NCAA compliance related student-athlete development initiatives, as assigned.
- Serves as Game Management Administrator for selected events.
- Must occasionally be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- One (1) year of experience in athletics compliance or athletics administrative related experience (experience as an intern or graduate assistant shall count towards this requirement)
- Strong project management, organization and detail orientation with an ability to manage and track large amounts of information for accuracy and timeliness.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with individuals of all levels; ability to work with a diverse group of students, coaches, faculty and staff.
- Proficiency in technology including Google Suite, Microsoft Office suite and social media applications. Knowledge of NCAA Compliance Assistant, ARMS or other compliance software programs and Teamworks preferred.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA and University rules and regulations; ability to understand, interpret and provide compliance-related information sessions.
- Strong ethical framework. Abides by all NCAA, Conference, and University regulations, policies and procedures. Reports any known or suspected NCAA violations to the Director of Athletics, Director of Athletics Compliance or the Faculty Athletics Representative. Violation of NCAA regulations shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action up to, and including, termination of employment.
- Valid driver's license or the ability to have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University is required.
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend