Student Employment: Keefe Community Center Garden Assistant - 23/24
Job no: 495381
Work type: Student Employment
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Categories: Federal Work-Study
|Student Employment: Keefe Community Center Garden Assistant
|Office of Community Service
|Student Employment Type:
|Federal Work Study
- Works under the direction of the Garden Manager to tend the community garden. Such duties will include: watering, weeding, and harvesting food for the food pantry. Some planting and garden cleanup possible later in the season.
- Tends the gardening shed, keeping it ordered and supplied.
- Works with the Garden Manager and other volunteers to develop the presentation of foods provided for the Food Pantry.
- Assists food bank operations by packing food bags, handing out prepacked food bags, highlighting names or add names on client list. Assist or be able to work alone unloading donations from vehicles.
- Assist or work alone organizing pantry shelves, stocking shelves, sorting food items, checking for expiration dates, discarding expired items, and maintaining the pantry area clean and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Strong communication skills
• Able to take direction remotely
• Works independently
• Maybe asked at times to report inside to work on data entry or other office related task.
• Some knowledge with Microsoft Office and its applications including Word and Excel.
• Some experience with gardening (or caring for living things) and a willingness to learn desirable but not required.
|Hours of Position:
- The Keefe Community Center operates M-F 8:30am-4:30pm. Applicants must be able to work at least 4 hours per week during the time that the Center is open.
Required Documents for Application:
|Instructions to Applicants:
|Click Apply at the top of the page. Complete the required application.
Note to Faculty/Staff Applicants Only:
If a final candidate is a current or previous Quinnipiac employee, the hiring manager must obtain a reference check from the candidate’s current or former manager before making an offer of employment. If the candidate's current or most-recent Quinnipiac supervisor is unavailable, the hiring manager should contact Talent Acquisition for assistance in determining the appropriate alternate contact:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now