Student Employment: B&G Clubs Youth Development Professional - AY 23/24
Job no: 495420
Work type: Student Employment
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Categories: Federal Work-Study
||B&G Clubs Youth Development Professional
||Office of Community Engagement
|Student Employment Type:
- Afterschool Program Supervision: Supervise and oversee afterschool programs, ensuring the safety and well-being of all youth participants. Cultivate a positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes personal growth and development.
- Academic Support: Assist students with homework, projects, and academic challenges, offering guidance and encouragement to foster educational success.
- Youth Engagement: Implement engaging activities, programs, and workshops while encouraging active participation and supporting positive youth development.
- Mentorship and Guidance: Establish meaningful connections with youth members, serving as a positive role model and providing emotional support and mentorship.
- Behavior Management: Implement effective behavior management strategies to maintain a safe and respectful environment, addressing behavioral issues with care and understanding.
- Program Planning and Implementation: Collaborate with the team to plan and execute various youth programs and special events that align with the Boys and Girls Club mission.
- Communication: Maintain regular communication with parents, guardians, and school staff to provide updates on students' progress and address any concerns or questions.
- Safety and Compliance: Adhere to all safety guidelines and protocols to ensure the physical and emotional well-being of all participants. Maintain accurate attendance records and follow proper check-in/check-out procedures.
- Past experience working with youth in an afterschool or similar environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect with youth from diverse backgrounds.
- Be committed to the philosophy, needs and rewards of working with the Boys and Girls Clubs.
- Possess a passion for youth development and a commitment to making a positive impact on young lives.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-orientated environment.
- First Aid and CPR Certification is preferred.
|Hours of Position:
- Boys and Girls Clubs hours of operation are M-F between 2:30-6pm for afterschool programs. Applicants must have time available within these hours to be able to work at this location.
|Required Documents for Application:
|Instructions to Applicants:
||Click Apply at the top of the page. Complete the required application.
Note to Faculty/Staff Applicants Only:
If a final candidate is a current or previous Quinnipiac employee, the hiring manager must obtain a reference check from the candidate’s current or former manager before making an offer of employment. If the candidate's current or most-recent Quinnipiac supervisor is unavailable, the hiring manager should contact Talent Acquisition for assistance in determining the appropriate alternate contact:
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now