Assistant Professor of Supply Chain Management
Job no: 514953
Work type: Instructional Faculty – Tenured/Tenure-Track
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time, Faculty - Business/Management
Position: Assistant Professor of Supply Chain Management
Effective Date: August 17, 2023 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin September 19, 2022. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
College of Business
Department of Management and Human Resource Management
- Ph.D. in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Operations Management, or other related areas. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2023.
- Demonstrated potential to teach Supply Chain Management and related subjects effectively at the undergraduate level.
- Demonstrated potential for scholarship leading to publications.
- Demonstrated potential to contribute to service roles to the department, college, university, and community.
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
- Evidence of effective teaching experience at the college level, especially in Supply Chain Management.
- Published research in Supply Chain Management, or related areas (preferably in top-tier journals).
- Related business, professional, or managerial experience in at least one functional domain of Supply Chain Management.
- Potential to develop relationships across the university’s surrounding community.
- Commitment to successfully working with populations demographically and socioeconomically similar to the CSULB student body (Demographics).
- Teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels including courses in Supply Chain Management and related subjects. Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.
- Participate in curriculum and program development.
- Engage in research, scholarly and creative activities in the field leading to presentations and publications.
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community.
How to Apply – Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit Equity/Diversity Statement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Research Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Evidence of research and/or publication, if applicable
- Student evaluations and/or other evidence of teaching effectiveness, if applicable
- Three references (contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the finalist stage)
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Click Apply Now icon or click here to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Jessica Robinson, Search Committee Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Management-HRM
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-8502
562.985.4753 and/or CBA-SCMfirstname.lastname@example.org
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at Vaccination Policy and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend