Audience Service Worker-Ticket Office (Continuous)
Job no: 500981
Work type: Staff
Categories: Excluded, Temporary, Part Time, Theatre Arts
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Audience Service Worker-Ticket Office assists the Ticketing/Sales Manager and Ticket Office Senior Lead in the sale of tickets to the public for performances held in the Younes and Soraya Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts (The Soraya), the Plaza del Sol (PdS) as well as other Campus Theatres such as The Experimental Theatre.
- The incumbent assists the Manager and Senior Lead in performing a variety of ticket office tasks including cash handling, multi phone line usage, assisting guests with the purchase of tickets either over the phone or in person having the knowledge of the House seating, costs of individual seats, series seats, discounted seats.
- Is flexible and patient answering questions regarding policies and procedures on multiple theatres and printing tickets.
- Helps with stuffing envelopes, mailings, will call, providing the highest level of customer service in every aspect of the Guest experience in the sale of tickets and merchandise for The Soraya and PdS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3iFUcvr
- Current Red Cross certification in CPR and First Aid is preferred. Bilingual is a plus.
- Alpha/numeric data entry at 35 keystrokes per minute desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of theatre etiquette, standards and protocol, performing arts center structure and knowledge of house seating and university facilities, policies, and organization is a plus. Ability and specialized skills to: demonstrate excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Work with a wide variety of personalities in the execution of events; be outgoing and enjoy working with people; working with crowd control; exhibit exceptional dependability, flexibility, and patience in interactions with others; provide excellent verbal and written communication; lift 35 lbs;
- Display a detail-oriented work attitude; multi-task; work independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals; work under pressure and adhere to deadlines; establish and maintain effective working relationships with guest artist, vendors, students, faculty, staff, clients, patrons, guests, peers and upper management.
- If involved with off-campus tabling events, proof of auto insurance, provision of good driving record, and completion of CSUN defensive driving online course are required.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Classification: 0101 – Helper / Aid
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE is $15.50 - $16.50 per hour. The salary range for this classification is: $15.50 -$22.50 per hour.
- HOURS: Intermittent, on-call; hours and schedule vary.
- TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
- Applications are currently being accepted to establish a Helper Aid POOL. Applications for these on-call positions will be accepted on a continuing basis through June 30, 2021 or until an adequate amount of applications have been received.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend