Postdoctoral Research Assistant
Job no: 505573
Work type: Staff
Categories: Excluded, Administrative, Temporary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Postdoctoral Scholar performs research activities associated with project “Characterizing Human-Pathogen Interactions and Natural Selection with Ancient DNA,” funded by an R35 NIH grant (R35GM142939). The incumbent performs computational and statistical analyses with genomic data writes reports and manuscripts for publication, attends professional meetings, and mentor students in the Amorim Lab.
- Performs computational and statistical analyses with genomic data.
- Writes reports, manuscripts for publication, and present research at professional meetings.
- Mentors and trains undergraduate/MS students in computational biology methods.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3oUBbbT
- Applicants must have a PhD in Genetics, Biological Anthropology, Computer Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, or a closely related discipline at time of appointment.
- Experience with ancient DNA (aDNA) is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be proficient in at least one programmer language (e.g., Python, C++, Perl, etc.)
- Must be familiar with genomic data analysis and/or population genetics.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification: 2351 / Research Fellow
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $2,600-$4,583, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $2,600 -$16,733 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position. Contract is renewed on a yearly basis, upon satisfactory performance. Funding is guaranteed for five years.
- Applications received through October 26, 2021 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- Start date: flexible. As soon as December 2021.
- Application package consists of a cover letter that briefly summarizes your qualifications and interest in the position, a CV, and contact information of 2 references. The hiring unit will request confidential letters from the references of those applicants who are under serious consideration.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend