Administrative Support Assistant
Job no: 511998
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Support Assistant is responsible for providing general office support for the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences. The incumbent performs as back-up to department coordinator on administrative functions, Student Online Administrative Resources (SOLAR) modules, human resources, schedule of classes and student administration, financials.
- Prepares purchase orders, chargebacks and requisitions and assists in collecting, preparing, and maintaining materials for accreditation.
- Acts as primary receptionist including answering, screening and forwarding phone calls and email messages, answering student questions and visitor inquiries, and distributing hardcopy mail.
- Organizes and maintains confidential files; processes records and other documents for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/36nxwwq
- Equivalent to three (3) years of full-time, general office clerical work that has provided the applicant with the knowledge and abilities listed.
- Equivalent to full-time college or university education/vocational school training in business or job-related field may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; and office methods and basic filing systems procedures and practices.
- Ability and specialized skills to: organize, coordinate, and prioritize multiple tasks; learn, identify, and independently interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures; review and resolve routine clerical problems.
- Work in a busy environment with frequent interruptions; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; prepare and draft memoranda and correspondence; keep moderately complex records and files; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; operate standard office equipment, and software.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- This job opening has been re-posted and will remain OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend