Volunteer and Membership Engagement Coordinator
Job no: 514498
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Volunteer and Membership Engagement Coordinator administers programs and services that strengthen alumni engagement, increases participation and builds the base of support for CSUN. The incumbent leads all marketing, fulfillment and stewardship initiatives and processes to strengthen ties with existing Legacy members, as well as acquisition strategies to identify and engage new Legacy members.
- Works with alumni staff to implement alumni volunteer strategy – discovers and cultivates new alumni volunteers, and works with campus partners to assess volunteer needs and opportunities for growth.
- Inputs alumni volunteer data in Raiser’s Edge and adjusts tracking module as necessary to capture data for new collaborations.
- Identifies strategic market segments, reviews demographic trends; implements comprehensive membership acquisition and fulfillment strategies and processes in coordination with Alumni and Annual Fund initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/38f16oH
- Equivalent to four (4) years of full-time, general office clerical and administrative support experience that has provided the applicant with the knowledge and abilities listed.
- Equivalent to full-time college or university education/vocational school training in business or job-related field may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; office methods, procedures, and practices; and university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Ability and specialized skills to: coordinate many different administrative duties; interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures; set deadlines, priorities, and complete projects accordingly; draft and prepare memoranda and correspondence.
- Ability to keep moderately complex records and files; screen mail, telephone calls, and visitors; maintain confidential files; perform standard business math, track financial data, and make simple projections.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; and operate standard office equipment and software.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification/Grade: 1035 / Administrative Support Coordinator I / 1
- The anticipated HIRING RATE is $3276 - $3548 per month. The salary range for this classification is: $3276 - $5148 per month.
- HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours per week.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- The position is currently hybrid (2 days in office, 3 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- This job opening has been re-posted and will remain OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The selected candidate must pass a fingerprint clearance (Livescan).
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend