Director of Production
Job no: 515633
Work type: Management (MPP)
Categories: MPP, At-Will, Full Time, Theatre Arts
At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under the direction of the Executive and Artistic Director, the Director of Production is a member of senior leadership team of The Soraya, demonstrating outstanding communication and management in the oversight of backstage operations and related resources and personnel. The incumbent ensures that quality control for all performances at The Soraya is consistent with the highest levels of professionalism and artistry.
- Directly manages five full-time employees and indirectly oversees all technical and hospitality personnel.
- Responsible for allocation, deployment, and reporting of all resources in the production areas, including but not limited to annual budgets, capital expenditures, show-by-show expenses, and personnel assignments.
- Works with Executive and Artistic Director and Director of Programming on oversight and prioritization of scheduling.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university’s vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3y6fKJ7
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field.
- Equivalent to two years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience.
- Experience in planning and overseeing a shop, productions materials, and budgets and progressively responsible experience in performance support, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Demonstrated abilities to transfer knowledge, using professional judgement, shows outstanding interpersonal skills, leadership, creativity, flexibility, and the ability to act as a team player and anticipate problems.
- Highly proficient in all areas of technical production (e.g. lighting, carpentry, rigging, amplification) and understands the nuances of a wide variety of performing arts disciplines. Well organized.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task and work with deadlines. Fiscal and budgetary tracking abilities. Good "people skills" and a sense of humor.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $95,000 to $114,000, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through (14 business days from posting date) will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend