Electrician (Multiple positions)
Job no: 525082
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 6 - Teamsters Local 2010, Custodial/Facilities, Probationary, Full Time, Safety, Trades, On-site (work in-person at business location)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Electrician performs a variety of journeyman level skilled duties related to electrical work. The incumbent performs journeyman electrical work on various buildings throughout the campus.
- Operates equipment and vehicles such as boom truck personnel lifts, pick-up truck, carts, emergency generators, etc.
- Operates power tools, pipe benders and related equipment.
- Bends, fits, joins conduit, pulls wiring circuits, installs and repairs fixtures, motors and related equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3Yu7Z9J
- Progressively responsible training and experience which demonstrates achievement of journey-level skills equivalent to that acquired through completion of a standard electrician's apprenticeship program.
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License is required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the electrical trade for the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical apparatuses, equipment and systems
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal codes and regulations pertaining to the electrical trade, including the National Electric Code and Electrical Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety of the State of California
- Ability and specialized skills to: assemble, install, maintain and repair electrical apparatuses; operate all applicable tools and equipment necessary to perform skilled electrical work
- Read, interpret and work from blueprints, plans, drawings and specifications; make rough sketches; estimate the cost, time and materials of electrical work.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification / grade: 6533 / Electrician / 1
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $6151 - $6320 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $6151 - $7942 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; 7am – 3:30pm.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
This job opening has been re-posted and will remain OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, covered military and veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend