Web Support and IT Specialist
Job no: 528018
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Compliance/Legal, Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology, Marketing/Communications, Research, Student Services, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations, the Web Support and IT Specialist is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and maintaining web services for the College of Humanities. The incumbent facilitates development and adoption of web page design and technical standards in compliance with W3C Guidelines and the Rehabilitation Act 508 section 1194.2.
- Actively collaborates with department chairs, faculty and staff, key campus partners to develop recommendations for web-related services.
- Works in collaboration with other college technology staff to support the students, faculty and staff in the College of Humanities.
- Trains faculty, staff, and student assistants on new technologies and provides second line IT support as needed on desktop, peripheral, and classroom technology platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://rb.gy/fclmb
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field.
- Certification training and applied experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
- Three years of full-time, progressively responsible field-related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of: programming and testing methods and techniques for software applications, using Drupal, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, etc. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft office suite and PC/MAC based web browsers and related tools.
- Ability and specialized skills to: analyze problems; propose effective solutions; understand functional and procedural requirements; analyze problems and propose effective solution; understand functional and procedural requirements and develop alternative solutions; relate solutions to management, technical staff, and users; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; make presentations; conduct meetings; provide user training; and prepare programming and user documentation.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification/grade: 0420 / IT Consultant II / 2
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4678 - $7084 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4678 - $11,547 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- The position is currently hybrid (4 days in office, 1 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, covered military and veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend