CTVA Production Safety Coordinator
Job no: 531237
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Compliance/Legal, Custodial/Facilities, Probationary, Full Time, Environmental Health and Safety, Information Systems & Technology, Marketing/Communications, Safety, Student Services, On-site (work in-person at business location)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Department Chair of Cinema and Television Arts, the CTVA Production Safety Coordinator mitigates situations and conditions that are considered hazardous and that may put student production crews, the cast, vendors, faculty or the public at risk. The incumbent oversees all CTVA student productions, scrutinizes scripts for hazards prior to shooting, makes unannounced site visits, and conducts safety seminars for all production students prior to shooting.
- Reviews and signs off on all scripts in regards to safety issues, including, but not limited to stunts, special effects, open flame, weapons, and other possible hazards, and oversees student assistants.
- Manages student insurance and permitting needs, maintains master schedule and master contact list for all CTVA student production activities, and reviews safety for all CTVA production and classroom lab activities.
- Develops procedures and maintains production policies, stays up-to-date on current issues in production safety, consults with other departments within the college concerning production safety
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://shorturl.at/gvBN6
- Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in a job-related field; Master's in Fine Arts preferred.
- Four (4) years of relevant progressively responsible experience.
- Additional experience in job-related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required education, on a year for year basis.
- Experience in professional set safety and production management experience as a First Assistant Director, Unit Production Manager, Line Producer, Production Supervisor or Producer preferred.
- Possession of Director’s Guild of America membership preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of: the methods and problems in multiple production specialties; safety measures and hazards related to film and tv productions.
- Ability and Specialized skills to: support classroom instruction by performing classroom demonstrations related to production specialty; and ability to work with faculty and provide training and supervision to students involved in productions. Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals at all levels within the organization.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification/grade: 0840 / Performing Arts Tech / 3
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3977 - $6667 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3977 - $7197 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- The individual hired for this role will physically work on-campus in Northridge. This is not a telecommute position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, covered military and veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend