Job no: 531645
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Compliance/Legal, Probationary, Full Time, Education Support Professionals, Information Systems & Technology, Marketing/Communications, Research, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Director of Faculty Development, the Instructional Designer provides training and consultative support to faculty to enhance pedagogy within educational technologies and learning management systems. The incumbent creates and executes faculty development learning experiences that models best practices of instructional design, pedagogy, curriculum development and quality online teaching.
- Builds relationships across campus, researches and advises best practices for technology-rich learning experiences, and manages work and projects using equity-minded, data-driven and collaborative approaches.
- Consults, trains, and assists faculty using evidence-based strategies and appropriate technology-enriched practices to develop effective learning experiences for students, especially students of color.
- Contributes to all Faculty Development programs including program design, evaluation and project management. Assists as needed, and provides internal consultative support to Faculty Development staff, faculty and students on quality implementation of technology to benefit office functioning (e.g., website, newsletter).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://n9.cl/7szns
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field. Certification training and applied experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis.
- Three (3) years of full-time, progressively responsible field-related experience which includes knowledge of relevant hardware, software, maintenance, and user support.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems.
- Functional knowledge of educational technologies and learning management systems desirable. Knowledge of creating multi-media technologies (e.g., creating logos, videos, interactive modules, presentation materials, web presence) that will complement the professional development experience.
- Ability and specialized skills to: apply and assess user needs; identify, analyze and address user problems; analyze problems and propose effective solution; understand functional and procedural requirements and develop alternative solutions; relate system solutions to departmental management and staff; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; make presentations; conduct meetings; develop, implement, project manage and evaluate faculty professional development programs and training; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification/grade: 0420 / Info Tech Consultant / 2
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4678 - $6500 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4678 - $11,547 per month.
- HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
- REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
- The position is currently hybrid (4 days in office, 1 day remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
- Applications received through October 6, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, covered military and veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend