Preschool Lead Teacher (Multiple Positions)
Job no: 532511
Work type: Staff
Categories: Excluded, Child/Youth Education and Development, Temporary, Part Time, On-site (work in-person at business location)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Preschool Lead Teacher provides primary care for preschool age children at the Child and Family Studies Center. The incumbent supervises and ensures the safety and well-being of the children at all times, being alert for the needs and/or problems of the children as individuals and as a group.
- Writes observations for daily record-keeping and maintains National Association for the Education of Young Children portfolios for children.
- Plans and implements age appropriate indoor/outdoor activities for preschool age children including those with special needs in collaboration with the Early Education staff.
- Maintains health and safety standards in the classroom; keeps classroom, storage rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and yard clean, orderly and inviting; initiates and maintains daily contact with parents and visitors; and oversees Field/University students, interns and lab students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description copy and paste this link into your browser: https://mycsun.box.com/s/t14gb7ff44vuch13qhnd2yw1gs3puz6p
- A Bachelor's degree or higher level of education in Child Development or Early Childhood education is preferred. Incumbents who do not possess a degree must have completed at least 24 units in Child Development or Early Childhood education, 6 specialized units, required adult supervision units, and the additional general education requirements.
- Incumbents who possess a Bachelor's degree or higher must have completed the required units of supervised field experience.
- Incumbents without a degree must meet the specified days of experience within the last 4 years. This is equivalent roughly to 1-2 years of experience, including 1 years of experience providing teacher/staff supervision.
- CERTIFICATIONS: CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS VERIFICATION OF MEASLES, MUMPS, RUEBELLA, TDap AND T.B. TEST, RENEWAL REQUIRED AND MUST MAINTAIN INFANT/CHILD CPR AND FIRST-AID CERTIFICATION
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence to develop, plan and implement a curriculum for Early Childhood education is required.
- Must be knowledgeable in pertinent state and federal regulations relating to the daily operations of an early childhood education center including licensing regulations, education regulations, child abuse reporting requirements, and public health and sanitation codes and requirements.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification: Early Childhood Master Teacher / 8373 / 1
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $2002- $2910 (PTE) per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $2002 - $5820 (PTE) per month.
- HOURS: Part Time; 20 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
- Applications received through December 11, 2023 will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU. The selected candidate must pass a fingerprint clearance (LiveScan).
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, covered military and veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend