Associate Registrar for the Registrar's Office
Administrator Level (for MPP positions only)
This position is an MPP II in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), reporting to the The Director of the Registrar's Office.
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Anticipated Hiring Range
$6,625.00 - $7,356.00 Per Month ($79,500,000.00 - $88,272.00 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management and University Registrar, the Associate Registrar is a member of the Office of the Registrar’s leadership team, as well as of the broader Enrollment Management leadership team. The Associate Registrar, as a leader in the office, advises the University Registrar on procedures in their area of responsibility, making recommendations and providing assessment of impacts. The Associate Registrar is primarily responsible for the staff and systems that support registration-related systems and processes, communications, as well as certification of veterans and military-affiliated students by overseeing Veterans Services. The Associate Registrar must be familiar with registrar-related modules within Campus Solutions (CS), including Academic Advisement, Student Records, and Degree Planner. In addition to CS, the Registrar’s Office uses its legacy system for research, OnBase for scanned documents, and Microsoft Office.
As part of Student Affairs/Enrollment Management (SAEM), the Associate Registrar establishes positive working relationships within SAEM, as well as with Academic Affairs and Administration and Finance and units on campus in order to ensure that the views and needs of SAEM are considered when changes to programs and/or systems are initiated by other units. These relationships also ensure a smooth flow of information, as well as data, between the Office of the Registrar and other areas. These relationships also contribute to ensuring that there is compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and all federal, state, SF State and California State University (CSU) regulations.
MANAGE RECORDS TEAM AND VETERANS SERVICES
• Provide leadership and supervision to Records Specialists, who provide front-facing services to students, alumni, faculty, and others via email, phone, and the One Stop, as well as special programs (including study abroad, Step-to- College, etc.), petition processing, transcripts and enrollment verifications, and other related activities.
• Oversee staffing of both the Registrar’s Office and Veterans Services windows in the One Stop, ensuring consistent service to students and other One Stop visitors. Explore solutions to reduce wait times as needed.
• Oversee staffing of both the Registrar’s Office and Veterans Services phone lines, monitoring wait times and exploring solutions to reduce wait and hold times as needed.
• Provide leadership and supervision to the Veterans Services team of two veterans certification coordinators, who handle certification of enrollment benefits with Veterans Affairs, coordinate with other offices including Financial Aid and the Bursars on Veteran student benefits, oversee a team of student assistants, and provide front-facing services to veteran and dependent students via One Stop, phone, and email inquiries.
MANAGE STUDENT RECORDS MODULES, COMMUNICATIONS, AND ENROLLMENT REPORTING
• Provide leadership and supervision to the team of analysts who oversee items such as the Student Records and Registration functions within Campus Solutions, external systems that were created to provide services to Faculty Department Chairs, and Assistant/Associate Deans, enrollment compliance reporting via National Student Clearinghouse, academic standing and probation processing, grading and end-of-term processing, website development and maintenance, and communications management, among other items.
• Oversee the timely set-up and configuration within the student records module in CS, including configuration for registration, beginning- and end-of-term setup. Manage analyst teams to create and maintain reports and queries as needed, including to support functional business processes.
• Oversee the schedule of registration communications, including deadlines throughout the semester, ensuring communications are accurate, timely, and distributed to appropriate populations.
• Ensure federal enrollment reporting through the National Student Clearinghouse is timely and accurate, in line with federal reporting requirements.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of business process documentation.
• Coordinate with departments, ITS, and the Chancellor’s Office regarding the enrollment and reporting of grades for Coursematch and AB 386 courses.
• Update student records in CS as needed, including by recording academic grades, grade changes, course withdrawals, and other academic record-keeping functions.
• Serve on the Enrollment Management leadership team.
• Provide leadership, outreach, and support to strategic projects (including the CSU Equity Priorities).
• Actively partner with analyst colleagues within the office and ITS to redesign workflow processes more efficiently, and to create and maintain documentation of changes.
• Proactively communicate with departments and advisors on degree evaluation process changes. Regularly communicate around dates and deadlines that impact work. Communication includes email messaging, Campus Memo publications, phone calls, meetings with staff and other areas, as well as active participation in Registrar Town Halls.
• Work with stakeholders within the office as well as across campus to ensure our work meets their needs and the needs of our students.
STUDENT SERVICE AND PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR
• Lead the team to ensure that all service provided to students is high quality and timely. Coordinate and support staff in providing student-facing services, including email and phone inquiries, and in the One Stop.
• Participate in events such as Explore and Discover SF State, freshman and transfer student orientations, and staff the Gator Reg Help Line during registration cycles to assist students, staff and faculty who have registration-related questions. These events may take place in the evenings or on weekends.
• Provide leadership and supervision to staff in a manner that promotes professional growth, good work ethics and supportive of the mission and values of SF State.
• Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User-Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conduct for a Multi-Cultural University (P30D)
• Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Management Skills: The successful candidate will have significant managerial experience, bringing to the job enthusiasm and ideas for managing staff that will result in a team that is cohesive, professional, and committed to providing consistent and high -quality service. The candidate will also bring experience evaluating and coaching staff in ways that build employee skills and productivity, including leadership skills with strong decision-making skills and demonstrated good judgment.
Technical Skills: The successful candidate will also bring to the job excellent analytical and technical skills and be able to effectively use these skills when communicating with the business analysts and programmers tint that serve the Office of the Registrar. Experience using PeopleSoft Student system is highly desired.
Experience: Working in higher education, in an Enrollment Management-related area.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Bachelor’s degree in general business, counseling, education, management, public administration or a related degree. Master's degree or currently seeking a Master's degree
Experience overseeing administration of registrar-related services in a large public higher educational setting. Experience with project management.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only)
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.