||Cardozo School of Law is seeking a strategic and hands-on digital communications leader to promote the law school’s programs, including those advancing criminal justice, business & innovation, intellectual property, entertainment and more. This person will be a seasoned communications expert, spearheading our messaging on multiple platforms, with an understanding of the critical role the law plays in our democracy.
The Director of Digital Communications is responsible for generating, maintaining, distributing, and managing all digital content, with primary focus on recruitment of law school students and promoting the reputational achievements of our professors to a national audience of law professors and legal professionals.
Working closely with senior leadership this person will gain a thorough understanding of various areas of legal study and the key administrative teams with knowledge of these areas, to implement strategic communications internally and externally.
The director plays a key role in messaging that distinguishes Cardozo’s unique strengths and vitality to college graduates interested in applying to law school, international students seeking advanced legal degrees in the U.S., as well as to alumni audiences, law school faculty and lawyers in practice. This person will have responsibility for a wide range of communications activities, helping oversee management of the communications office of two communications associates and numerous outside vendors.
This person will report to the Associate Dean of Communications and work closely with the Associate Dean for Faculty Development as well as other professors and administrators. This person will be part of a vibrant team, working in Greenwich Village, with some work at home flexibility.
- Responsible for all email marketing and ad campaigns and overseeing all social media channels, including creation of content and working with video producers and event writers and photographers
- Management of Website, overseeing homepage updates, news feeds, event information, & program and faculty directory pages
- Establishing and managing key relationships with outside vendors for design, technology, and qualitative analytics
- Working closely with JD admissions and LL.M. admissions offices on marketing emails and digital brochures
- Supervising creation of content for campus digital flat screens and kiosks
- Supervising daily running of the communications office, managing associate communications specialist for alumni affairs
- A key contact person for all administrators, faculty, and student groups
- Supervises advertising and marketing of public events including the annual International Advocate for Peace Award, which will be given this spring to Gloria Steinem
- Oversees digital program brochure publication and works with the team to finalize print versions with the university design department
|Experience & Education Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a communications related major, and 4+ years of experience as a manager in communications or a related field such as journalism. Masters in communication field a strong plus
- Experience in an academic office a major plus
- Experience managing a website with numerous departments and programs, training and overseeing individuals to manage their pages, assisting in website updates and creation of content, calendar upkeep
- Demonstrated ability to manage communications projects, working with others to produce content on deadline
- Proven experience as an excellent writer and proofreader
Skills & Competencies:
- Must be highly proficient in all digital platforms and able to review, analyze and report on FB, Google, LinkedIn, ad functions
- A CMS expert, experience in Drupal and Hubspot a major plus
- Familiar with Adobe, InDesign, Photoshop,
- Design capability or sensibility preferred for digital invitations, digital news blasts and in-house electronic information screens
- Able to work efficiently and collegially with other university offices as well as outside freelancers and vendors
- Project management experience
- Experience generating and managing digital marketing campaigns in-house and in paid media environments
- This person must be a self-starter, capable of managing others as well as working independently
- Interacts frequently with administrative offices including Admissions, Alumni Affairs, Deans office, Career Services, Student Services, Event Planning, and Institutional Advancement
- Must be an excellent communicator and diplomatic representative able to create a positive work environment and workflow—while establishing clear and achievable expectations
- Must be able to analyze and solve problems and to establish clear workplace systems that produce results
- Skilled writer/ editor who can work on deadline
||$95,000 - $103,000
The Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law is a leader in legal education, located in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village. The law school is renowned for its program in intellectual property, which includes the FAME Center for Fashion, Arts, Media and Entertainment Law. Cardozo Law has a long tradition of public advocacy and is the birthplace of the Innocence Project and the home of our Center for Rights and Justice. Cardozo offers a world-class faculty and encourages creative thinking and innovation in the legal profession. Cardozo provides students with a strong foundation in legal theory combined with practical hands-on experience in a variety of areas including criminal law, civil rights law, and business law. The school prides itself on creating a vibrant and warm community for faculty, staff and students.
A division of Yeshiva University, Cardozo Law School offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans. The law school is a secular institution within a religious university and welcomes people of all religions, ethnic backgrounds, races and sexual identities.
|Equal Employment Opportunity:
||Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.