Finance Transformation Lead 6 - 12 month Project Contract
Job no: 502155
Brand: Buffalo Tours
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Hanoi, Vietnam, Bangkok, Thailand, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Buffalo Tours was originally launched in 1994 by founder Tran Trong Kien. As a young medical student from Hanoi, Kien spent his spare time guiding travellers throughout Vietnam to help fund his studies and show off the country he loved.
Today, Buffalo Tours is one of Asia’s leading destination management companies, with hundreds of thousands of passengers carried annually and several internationally recognised industry awards under our belts. That same drive to showcase a love of the region is at the heart of everything Buffalo Tours does today. Now as a member of Flight Centre Travel Group we remain committed to changing lives through travel.
Since our modest beginnings, the Buffalo Tours team hold responsible travel as a core commitment. As we have grown, so too has the commitment to work responsibly with our customers, host communities and local business partners. We always ensure our tours have a minimal impact on the natural environment, while remaining respectful and observant of local customs and supportive of local economies.
If you are successful, you will find out that working with Buffalo Tours more than just a job. We are family. We offer exciting career progression, including global career opportunities and fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
About the Opportunity
Buffalo Tours is seeking a Finance Transformation Leader who will be go-to person for all matters relating to the migration of the entire Financial Accounting and Reporting system from the legacy set-up to our new integrated platform.
This is a 1 year contract role that could be based in any of our offices in South East Asia: Hanoi, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.
As a key member of the Finance team, your will be responsible for the development and execution of engagement, communication and training to introduce, adopt, and effectively embed solutions, within the Finance departments across the Buffalo Tours. To be successful in this role you will need to have been previously successful a systems migration in a financially complex business.
- Define project objectives, track progress against timeline and milestones for the Finance system.
- Total Process ownership: Including understanding and reviewing current business and financial processes.
- Work closely with project team to map out new process flows for each step for all business and accounting transactions, with emphasis on control and data integrity.
- Document current and future reporting needs of stakeholders. Identify areas where reporting can be streamlined, improved and expedited.
- Ensure new system complies with accounting and financial policies. (ie. Revenue recognition, depreciation) and meet taxation requirements of local jurisdictions.
- Perform user acceptance testing to ensure system meets pre-defined requirements and log all issues/bug
- Become the Super User for the Finance module in new system
- Document Standard Operating Procedures and prepare training materials for the Finance module.
- Plan training schedule and logistics. Train the accountants and provide close support (on-site if required) during go-live implementation.
To be successful you will need:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance transformational role has led/undergone a full-scale ERP implementation whilst in a finance role.
- CA/CPA designation (or equivalent) desirable.
- A solid understanding of how people are impacted by a change, and the change process life-cycle itself
- Ability to quickly pick up business knowledge and understanding business operations
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Effective time/priority management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills across different cultures.
If you think you are the right person for the job, apply today! By joining the team, you will discover first hand our passion at creating unforgettable experiences unique to every guest.
Back to search results Apply now