Job no: 509651
Work type: Full time
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Categories: Wholesale & Product
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experience in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
About the Opportunity
Discova is looking for a Reservation Executive to join the team in Tokyo, Japan. As a member of the Reservations team, the Reservations Executive plays a key role to ensure that Discova meets and exceed its goals and operates successfully. The Reservations Executive will work in partnership with Reservations Team Leader to execute the operational standards and requirements that will drive customer satisfaction and productivity. This will involve the delivery of best-in-class service and memorable local experiences for the customer. Operationally, the role will be responsible for fulfilling the booking logistics, handling operational issues, and continually providing feedback to management on risks and possible improvements of the ways we operate our products. You have a strong desire for structure, high organizational skills and love working according to procedures and schedules. You thrive on being meticulous and methodical.
- Effectively cooperate with OPS and Fleet, Product, Sales, Customer Experience, and Suppliers for seamless daily operations and overall service improvements.
- Ensure all bookings, passenger details, logistic information, internal notes, and supplier notes are updated on the reservations system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Handling and making reservations of accommodation, air ticket, train ticket, suppliers, restaurants, transport, all services including in package (except tour guides).
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly invoices to overseas agents as well as payment collection in due time.
- Ensure all details of the itinerary have been entered into the system correctly and reconfirming every aspect of the booking before passing on documents to Agents and information to the Sales team.
- Ensure 24/7 supports on the ground for clients’ complaints and incidents.
- Resolve customer service issues to customer satisfaction with appropriate corrective and preventive measures.
- Ensure bookings run within budget.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly invoices as well as payment collection in due time.
- Advise finance team of all receivables and payables.
- Ask as well as participate in any trainings or upskilling recommended by the Reservations Team Leader or you feel relevant to your role.
- Ensure you maintain up to date with product knowledge and understand Discova’s offerings.
- Degree in tourism and hospitality is an advantage.
- Fluent in national local language and intermediate to advanced level of written and spoken English.
The Skills and Attributes:
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Customer-centric with a commitment to high standards of service delivery.
- High attention to detail & strong time/priority management skills.
- Able to work independently or in a team environment.
- A flexible rotating roster that may include late nights, weekends, and early morning.
- Ability to work with uncertainties/changing priorities and under pressure.
- Willing to travel on business when required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now