StudentUniverse, is a Greater Boston-based travel tech company that operates the world's largest student and youth online travel marketplace. We are looking for a Global Marketing Coordinator to support our marketing efforts across four markets with operations in the USA, Canada, the UK and Australia.
StudentUniverse’s parent company, Flight Centre Travel Group is based in Brisbane, Australia and is one of the world’s largest travel agency groups with company owned operations in 23 countries and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 90 countries.
What we do and where we’re going
StudentUniverse is founded on the desire to empower students and youth to travel more, by accessing uniquely priced, best-in-market airfares, without the hassle of physical ID cards. We are believers in travel experiences; that they can teach students things they cannot learn in the classroom. Travel better prepares young people to influence the world. We empower students and youth to travel more.
Our ultimate ambition is to continue building on our two decades of success to become the world’s largest and best student and youth travel marketplace - a one-stop shop for our customers that’s widely recognised as the leading student and youth travel brand.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a motivated Global Marketing Coordinator to join our small, but perfectly formed marketing team. You'll have a natural talent for communicating with young travelers and be able to juggle communicating with them across multiple channels. You will have a good understanding of the marketing mix and be able to get hands on in writing for social media, our websites, emails and more.
You’ll be a proactive problem solver and will thrive in a collaborative environment. You’ll need to feel at home in the fast paced world of travel tech, be comfortable in working with a global marketing team and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in.
Sound like a good fit for you?
What's in it for you?
You get to work in a dynamic environment full of super passionate and talented people, where capabilities are enabled quickly at scale across the globe for travelers.
- You will grow and further develop your existing skill set, working in a team-oriented, results-driven environment where learning and collaboration is celebrated.
- We value and encourage autonomy for everyone, empowering you to make your own decisions and learn from the data - we don’t do micro management! The success of the team is dependent upon the success of the individual.
- Be the voice of our StudentUniverse community on all social media channels
- Proactively engage with our community and other brands on social media platforms
- Curate social media content across Instagram, Tik Tok and more
- Build a social calendar around current promotions, new content, valuable insights, etc.
- Partner with influencers and brand ambassadors to extend the reach of the StudentUniverse brand
- Manage our customer review platforms and give timely feedback
- Write relevant and inspiring copy for use across all channels, including website and social media
- Work with external agencies to ensure all created content is on brand
- Work ad-hoc with channel owners to support tactical execution of marketing campaigns
- Support the Marketing Manager in collation of ongoing marketing reporting
- Be the voice of our customer!
Must have skills
- Have one year experience in a similar role, or a degree in marketing, journalism or similar
- A solid grasp of social media and its place within the marketing mix
- Experience using Content Management Systems (CMS) and basic HTML knowledge is desirable but not essential ● A natural problem solver, organized & proactive
- Experience using Canva or Photoshop is a plus
As a travel company, we embrace being global and would love to hear from anyone who wants to work from any one of our offices in Boston, Waltham, Toronto or London.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory 401K program
- Company Share purchase scheme
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location – Boston, MA
Any offer of employment in the USA that would require you to attend an office location or company event is contingent upon providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success! Please contact email@example.com if you need any assistance.