Symal Infrastructure (formerly Civilex) is the Symal Group’s infrastructure division. As a self-performing contractor, our reputation for delivering quality infrastructure outcomes, across diverse sectors, lays the foundation for success.
The objective of a Site Supervisor is to manage and coordinate projects efficiently, safely and profitably.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Program and commercial management: Manage the program and budget of all projects under their supervision inclusive of the planning to deliver and resource the project.
- Identity, record and report all claimable delays under the contract and raise to the Project Manager.
- Ensure all variations requests are in writing and have been approved by the client, project manager and then directed to site staff, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure detailed commercial site records are kept in accordance with Symal Infrastructure standards including but not limited to: Daily Running Sheets, Day works Sheets, Variation Instructions.
- Have a detailed understanding of Symal Infrastructure scope and contract conditions including but not limited to: Inclusions, Exclusions, Program.
- Have a detailed understanding of the Symal Infrastructure subcontractors and suppliers scope and contract conditions including but not limited to: Inclusions, Exclusions, Program.
- Subcontractor and supplier commercial management approving hours and completed works in accordance with subcontract agreement and purchase order conditions.
- Establish clear target program objectives are set for the project team and subcontractor then monitored against performance.
- Resourced 3 Week lookaheads implemented and tracked with project team and subcontractors.
- Daily productivity tracking is monitored and reported to the project team and subcontractors
Client Relationship: Build strong client relationships that position Symal Infrastructure for repeat work
- Establish Client’s key drivers and put processes in place as to how we are going to meet these expectations
- Ensure we understand the client's culture and values and communicate this will all levels of the project team.
- Manage all communication from the field to the client.
- Understand the client’s challenges and workshop solutions that are best for the project.
- Ensure clients expectations are met regarding the level of supervision and management required for the tasks on site.
- Work with clients to maintain Industrial Relation requirements of the project.
- All site meetings are attended and the General Supervisor and minutes taken, recorded and submitted.
- Communicate Symal Infrastructure core values to our clients and live by them on our projects: Safety, Respect, Relationships, Well-Being, Culture & Innovation.
OHSE: Manage site safety and environmental compliance on the project
- Deliver projects safely in accordance with the client's systems and the Symal Infrastructure safety program.
- Demonstrate leadership in safety by leading:
- Toolboxes – 1No Per Site Per Week Submitted to OHSE Manager
- Pre-starts – Detailed pre-start to be complete daily coverage of all specific activities, risk and hazards associated with the planned works.
- SWMS Development – All activities to be covered under a specific SWMS to the task.
- Site Risk Assessments - Development, Implementation and Updating the site risk register and controls. – To be constantly updated and submitted monthly.
- Conducting Weekly Safety Walks – Minimum submission 1 Per week to OHSE Manager
- Delivery of Flash Reports – All-flash reports being tool boxed and forwarded to OHSE Manager.
- Conducting Weekly Environmental Walks - Minimum submission 1 Per week to OHSE Manager
- Identify High-risk activities and work with OHSE managers to develop detailed Work Method Statements to control the risk in line with the Symal Infrastructure Safety Program
Quality: Overall management of the Quality Assurance across the project to ensure a high-quality project is delivered with minimal reworks
- Ensure Work Method Statements are written and followed to control all high-risk items.
- ITP process must be managed and closed out on all projects to the client’s requirements.
- All defects or rework must have an NCR’s attached and signed off by the workgroup.
- Establishing & managing a document control process for site staff including but not limited to: Hard Copies, Soft Copies, Survey Models.
- Manage Symal Infrastructure subcontractors and suppliers to Symal Infrastructure quality standards ensuring: ITP’s completed, hold points witnessed, defected recorded and closed out.
- Ensure all machine control and survey is carried out in accordance with Symal Infrastructure survey standards.
- Ensure any design or specification changes instructed are in writing and have been approved by the client, project manager and then directed to site staff, subcontractors and suppliers
Training, Management and Leadership: It is a key requirement of a Site Supervisor is to develop the Symal Infrastructure site project team around them and hold them accountable to meet their requirements
- Manage, train and mentor Leading Hands and Labour Force in all their responsibilities as per their position descriptions.
- Lead all Leading Hand and Team Leader performance reviews under their management.
- Give guidance to all project staff setting clear targets and objectives to meet in line with both Symal Infrastructure and the client’s expectations.
- Ensure Symal Infrastructure process is standardised across all projects
- Follow up and ensure all training and development agreed in performance reviews is undertaken.
- Set clear roles and responsibilities for their project teams outlining not just the deliverables but timeframes and the method in which you want tasks delivered.
- Undertake performance management process with site staff when required.
- Must undertake approved external development at least on an annual basis.
To be successful in this role, you must have;
- Approximately 7 years relevant construction experience
- A proven track record in delivering projects and leading teams with a successful outcome in regards to the above responsibilities
- Proven track record delivering complete contract scope on safe, under budget, on time and a quality product
- Relevant Project experiencing delivering projects > 5 million dollars and leading large teams under the rage of contract models
- Have a sound understanding of relevant legislation including EBA’s and Awards
- Have access to a network of subcontractors and suppliers
- Have a proven track record training and developing site staff
- Excellent communication skills
If you have demonstrated experience and skills as noted above, we want to hear from you - apply now!