Symal Infrastructure (formerly Civilex) is the Symal Group’s infrastructure division. As a self-performing contractor, our reputation for delivering quality infrastructure outcomes, across diverse sectors, lays the foundation for success.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reporting for the business and its stakeholders.
- To ensure that all entities are compliant with various bodies by payment and lodgement of obligations as and when they fall due.
- To manage the audit process, with the assistance of the Group Financial Controller, ensuring that information provided is accurate and treated correctly in accordance with Accounting Standards.
- Undertake the day to day running of the finance function.
- Control the overall budgeting process and ongoing measurement of budget performance.
- Work with the broader finance team, driving a high-performance culture, ensuring that all tasks are performed accurately, timely and value added at every opportunity.
- Initially this role will also be responsible for the undertaking Accounts Payable / Payroll / Accounts Receivable.
Other responsibilities of the role include:
- Month end performance and management
- Manage the integrity of the accounting system, ensuring that all modules reconcile at all times, accounting periods and years are maintained and agree with monthly and yearly reporting.
- Ensure month end runs in accordance with the month end timetable for all business units.
- Oversee the setting and distribution of the month end timetable.
- Manage the accounts payable function ensuring invoices are processed in an accurate manner by the dates stipulated in the month end timetable.
- Monthly job costing reconciliation completed and submitted for review.
- Support the Operations Manager to perform accurate and timely cost reporting each month.
- Preparation for review of the monthly Board Report in the timeline stipulated by the month end timetable.
- Preparation of the monthly 3 way reporting - this is a 12 month forecast model.
- Prepare all required balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis for active business, by the due date and at least quarterly for non-active.
- Manage the Fixed Asset Register, including review of the monthly reconciliation, ensuring correct treatment as per the Accounting Standards.
- Manage the finance lease schedule including monthly review.
- Assist the Project Managers in relation to monthly cost transfers and review of project discrepancies.
- Provide monthly job costing reports to the Project Managers.
- Manage the monthly / yearly payroll reconciliations
- Review the monthly Operational Finance Report.
- Audit management and stat accounts preparation and budgeting
- Review of various statutory accounts of the relevant entities, currently prepared by the auditors.
- Prepare reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts for the above entities.
- Reconcile intercompany loan account balances.
- Provide supporting documentation as requested by the auditors.
- Posting of audit differences journals and reconciliation of Jobpac ledgers to final Statutory Accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of the yearly budgets for all entities as relevant, along with the ongoing control of the budget, including monthly reporting to operational heads as to budget variances and investigation of variances.
- Prepare and lodge the annual payroll tax reconciliation.
- Submit the taxable payments annual reporting file in line with the ATO timetable.
- Compliance and Jobpac maintenance
- Review and lodgement of monthly BAS returns for all allocated entities by the 20th of each month.
- Prepare and lodge monthly payroll tax submission.
- Prepare fringe benefits tax return for review.
- Review and prepare of annual payroll reconciliation and preparation for review of annual WorkCover declaration.
- Authorise all payments including weekly payroll, ensuring the correct protocols have been followed to approve the invoice or payrun for payment.
- Be involved with improvement projects when the opportunity presents.
- Support other team members.
- Provide guidance to the team and be a positive influence on the team.
- Be a contributor in team meetings and office discussions.
- Provide general assistance to the Group Financial Controller and CFO as required.
- Provide information as required to Pitcher Partners for the annual preparation and lodgement of tax returns.
- Liaising with external parties
- Liaise with Banks and Finance Brokers to organise equipment finance.
Qualifications, skills and knowledge required for this role;
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the civil construction industry is required.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Exposure to property development desirable.
- Experience using Jobpac highly desirable but not essential.
- Advanced MS Excel experience.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
If you can demonstrate you ability to undertake the above responsibilities we want to hear from you!
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.