Symal is a dynamic infrastructure and construction group providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients across Australia. A cohesive team of specialists with unique skills and capabilities, we cover the construction spectrum – from building to civil infrastructure, concrete structures, rail, bridges, plant hire, earth works and property development. Together, we’re setting a new benchmark for collaboration, innovation, engineering and outstanding delivery for the construction industry.
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication and stakeholder engagement strategies and plans to assist in the effective management of community information and engagement needs on the project
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to prepare communications to communities
- Prepare events for internal and external stakeholders, including community facing events
- Provide strategic advice and support to management on stakeholder issues
- Assist with the development and timely issue of all required internal and external communications.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- 1-3 years’ experience in Communications and Stakeholder Engagement, customer service or communications coordination.
- Experience in construction highly regarded, but not essential
- A passion for engaging communities and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability sufficiently to manage conflict scenarios
At Symal, we believe in fostering partnerships today to create a better tomorrow.
We demonstrate genuine care for each other and our environment. As a company built on family values, we respect the views and opinions of others and work hard to create a positive, inclusive, and safe environment for all our people.
Committed to building an engaged and talented workforce, staff incentives include:
- Tailored professional development opportunities for career advancement
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of exciting and complex projects
- Annual social calendar of activities and events
- Bonus leave days including your birthday off and a wellbeing day
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and leadership programs that connect you directly to Symal’s senior leaders
We’re proud to have some of the best in the game working for us, hired for their proven skills and experience. Come join us!