- Based at our stunning Burwood Campus
- Full-time and fixed-term until May 2022
- HEW 7 $89,427- $98,468 + 17% super pro-rata
This exciting role sits within the internal central media team which manages media planning, buying, optimisation, and reporting on behalf of Central Marketing for domestic student recruitment.
Your critical and analytical mindset will see you develop, implement and optimise digital media to attract prospective students to Deakin University.
This role will be reporting to the Media Manager and will work closely with members of the entire Central Marketing team, and maintain a good rapport across the Marketing Division.
You will demonstrate excellent vendor relationship skills by managing relationships with agencies and outstanding communication skills to enhance the performance of the digital media program, focusing on Paid Social Media Channels and Remarketing.
The Digital Media Specialist – Social Advertising will be the primary owner of the Paid Social account management and strategy. The role focuses on performance campaigns, finding strategies to drive the cost efficient leads that will be nurtured through to an application.
Your key responsibilities will include, and not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and optimise digital media to attract prospective students to Deakin University.
- In conjunction with the media agencies and vendors, develop digital media schedules ensuring that there is efficiency, value, and rigour in the planning.
- Develop plans and buy media for internally managed digital campaigns focused on lead generation.
- Setup, optimisation, daily management, and reporting of the Deakin Social Media Lead Generation advertising account
- Champion innovation in the adoption of new media units, proactively identify trends and champion insight-led media planning.
To be successful you’ll have:
- Tertiary degree in marketing, multimedia, information technology, communications, or other related areas, and specialist knowledge in digital media buying and performance management. Or combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience working in a media planning or buying position at an advertising or media agency preferred.
- Working knowledge of digital media tools and platforms and digital media buying strategy and principles.
- Experience with ad platforms but most importantly Facebook/Instagram (LinkedIn, Twitter, Outbrain, AdWords etc).
- Ability to structure media plans with consideration of the journey from awareness through to conversion and balancing of tactical objectives.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
FINAL PD Digital Media Analyst Social fixed-term.pdf
Applications for this position close on Sunday August 1st 2021
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working with Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.