Registered Nurse - ICU Department
Job no: 498485
Work type: Full time, Part time
Location: Kareena Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
Registered Nurse - ICU
- Full time/ Part time and casual opportunities
About the Role
The ICU provides specialised care for patients who require constant monitoring, intensive nursing care and advanced respiratory, cardiac and renal support therapies.
As a Registered Nurse you will perform duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager, Clinical Nurse and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality service is provided across our Cardiac Services Unit.
In this role you will report to the Clinical Nurse Unit Manager.
To be considered for this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset with proven experience in an acute-care setting. You will be a strong team player with exceptional communication skills and have the ability to work within a team and unsupervised if needed. You will also be a proactive professional with the capability to multitask and effectively manage your time throughout the work day.
The flexibility to handle a rotating roster with on call components along with weekend and evening shifts will be key for this role.
You will also bring
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Critical Care environment
- Minimum of six (6) months ICU experience
- Critical Care certificate is desirable for this role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain good working relations with others
- Current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC)
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Organisation
Kareena Private Hospital is a modern 144 bed facility servicing the Sutherland Shire and surrounding areas. It is conveniently located directly opposite Sutherland Public Hospital and close to public transport. Kareena Private Hospital is an acute Medical/Surgical facility offering a comprehensive range of services including, Rehabilitation, an After Hours GP Medical Service, an Intensive Care Unit, as well as Orthopaedics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Kareena Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
- $64,386.40 -$90,423.32+ Superannuation per annum based on experience level and qualifications.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Farhana Khan, Nurse Unit Manager, via email KhanF@ramsayhealth.com.au
Closing Date: 5 March 2020
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend