Perioperative Nurse Educator - Permanent Part time
Job no: 499734
Work type: Part time
Location: Nowra Private Hospital
Categories: Nursing - Registered
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Perioperative trained Registered Nurse with the suitable skills and competence to work as part of our Clinical Education Team. This Part Time opportunity will see you working two days per week at Nowra Private Hospital.
About the Role
This role reaches across the Perioperative Services and oversees the education program for the Operating Theatres. You will be coordinating and delivering an education plan for the provision of the highest standards of patient care. Additionally you will facilitate department based training and clinical competency assessments across Perioperative Services.
To be successful in the role, you will have the following selection criteria:
- Relevant AHPRA registration - Registered Nurse with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Perioperative Services (broad range of experience across Perioperative Nursing specialty desirable);
- Postgraduate qualification in Perioperative Nursing and/or Clinical Education (or working towards);
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment;
- Previous experience in an education role advantageous;
- Demonstrated leadership skills with excellent communication skills and ability to effectively negotiate;
- Positive role model and demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Organised, efficient and professional with highly developed clinical problem solving skills and advanced skills in nursing assessment;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and independently where required; and
- Innovative and flexible approach to education delivery.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Culture and Benefits
We value our staff and provide a wide range of attractive local and national employee benefits including:
- Flexible work practices
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards system
- Ramsay Corporate discounts including health fund and travel discounts
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- And more!
About the Hospital
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 73 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: "People Caring for People".
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the Apply button within this advertisement. Applications should include a covering letter and detailed CV.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please call Kim Granger on 02 4862 9433.
Applications close: Sunday 22 March 2020
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend